• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I am offering my reserved Shiga Mk.II for sale. This is a rather special unit. If you take a look at the note in the group buy list you will see it is mounted with only the SMD parts using Mundorf solder, and comes with all the remaining parts for the board and additional Mundorf to complete the job. I did this with the Mk.I board so I could install higher end parts for those locations which needed it. It saved having to desolder and remove parts from the board. I have finally completed my fully networked solution for streaming music to my DAC. At this point the Mk.II would be an interesting experiment but no longer mandatory.

Price is €179.57 EUR or $252.11 USD, exactly what I paid for it. If interested PM.

Im pleased to let you all know that SHIGA MKII on Gold plated boards sound even better. :)
This is also related to Copper 2/2oz thickness which is much higher than original JVC.

First SHIGA MKII have been shipped today. :D

Best regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20140301_004.jpg
    20140301_004.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 20140301_010.jpg
    20140301_010.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 20140301_008.jpg
    20140301_008.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 20140301_007.jpg
    20140301_007.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 20140301_011.jpg
    20140301_011.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited by a moderator:
Just to remind you that display and back-light have a protection foil.
Usually I do not remove these foils. You may want to remove them for a sharper view.

In below picture these foils are intentionally detached and placed on top.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20140301_013[1].jpg
    20140301_013[1].jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 212
Im pleased to let you all know that SHIGA MKII on Gold plated boards sound even better. :)
This is also related to Copper 2/2oz thickness which is much higher than original JVC.

First SHIGA MKII have been shipped today. :D

Best regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi

Yes, what nice pieces of art.

I suppose these are the assembled option of 2013 GB and that there will be a delay for shipping them. Please, if you inform me the shipping day of my kit I can allow proper time avoiding unecessary anxiety. ;)

Thanks

Thank you !

Now I´m working hard to prepare KIT sets for those who ordered not mounted Shiga MKII, while in the same time my team is soldering ready mounted kits.
As soon a KIT is ready this is extensively tested. After shipping you´ll get a message from me with tracking number and a photocopy of postal receipt.
Be patient, in few weeks all of you will get a fantastic CD transport. :)
All people who listened to Shiga MKII have been deeply impressed.

Regards,
Tibi

i dont know for the premounted sets, but if you look at tibis post, where he shows the new pcbs, you can see 7 extra pcbs for regulators. if i remember correctly, he said in an older post, that there will be some included to experiment with different vreg configs. correct me of i am wrong tibi...

regards, fabian

Each KIT or ready mounted KIT will get two free mini-reg PCB boards.
As I already mentioned, these two mini-reg board are offered to you for experiment and are not mounted nor parts offered to mount them. You'll be able to buy them ready mounted and tested via my webshop at 12euro each.
Each minireg is based on LDO LT1763 and can be cascaded after main 7808 reg delivering up to 500mA.

Of course you can use them as 780X replacement in other applications as well.

Other regulators like Burson, Tentlabs, ALR, Jung, Belelson etc. may offer better noise performance, but will require higher input voltage (you need to use separate power supply) and some of them will fail to deliver higher currents due limited power dissipation.

Regards,
Tibi

Full kits are almost ready.
24 ready mounted are waiting for CD puck to be polished.
Two colleagues are hand soldering, while I try to speed up things and make a stencil at a decent price. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

So, your patience will be rewarded this days.

Regards,
Tibi

Almost all full kits have been shipped. :)
I remind you that SHIGA MKII is not an easy kit to mount, require smd soldering and therefore very good tools.
There are 1206 and 0805 parts and you need very good tweezers
For example -> Bernstein ESD SMD Tweezers Straight 115mm | Rapid Online

Also, I did my best to mark all smd parts, but I strongly advice you to measure all parts before mounting.
Best smart tweezers is LCR Meter Smart Tweezers - Digital RCL, Impedance and ESR Meter,SMD Component Tester/Multimeter
A decent one is 72-8485 - TENMA - METER, COMPONENT, 37X184X23MM | Farnell România

It is very important to adjust your soldering tool to proper temperature based on your lead type. Excess heating will destroy small smd parts. Especially capacitors will crack very easy. Take care.

Enjoy your DIY !

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.