• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SHIGA MKII SACD test. Reading CD layer from a hybrid SACD disk.
As you may know, on a SACD the DSD high-resolution data and CD data are encoded on the different layers. Due the fact that CD optical have a longer focal length, the beam will focus only on the bottom layer, which is designed for CD, "ignoring" DSD HD layer. However, the amount of C1 errors when reading a Hybrid SACD is bigger than on a traditional pressed CD, as the result some players will fail in this regard.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=649645968434160

Regards,
Tibi

"However, the amount of C1 errors when reading a Hybrid SACD is bigger than on a traditional pressed CD, as the result some players will fail in this regard."

Which players do you refer to Tibi? SHIGA MKII?

Regards

This is true for any player, not only SHIGA MKII.
The errors are generated by upper DSD/DST layer. This should be "transparent" for CD optics but is not quite true. Rip CD layer (with EAC or CDparanoia) from hybrid SACD and write on a good CD-R. The copy will sound better than original due low level of C1 errors.

Regards,
Tibi

SHIGA MKII - GOLD plated boards arrived today. :)

All boards are state of the art design, top quality materials.

Shipping will start in few days.
Your patience is much appreciated.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20140221_014.jpg
    20140221_014.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 440
  • 20140221_015.jpg
    20140221_015.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 20140221_016.jpg
    20140221_016.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 20140221_017.jpg
    20140221_017.jpg
    928.8 KB · Views: 393
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the bom Tibi. I'm guessing you supply X01 with the kit. How much improvement to use X02/TentLabs? Thank you.

X01 is in the kit.
Any low jitter clock will bring his difference.
Now on Shiga MKII board you have the option to easily connect an external clock, or to slave the clock from Shiga MKII to a DAC. See >>> Invalid Request
Tentlabs XO is a clock I use for some time now and well implemented will always bring extra detail and resolution.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
The option to slave a clock from the dac is really interesting! I have an audiolab MDAC that allows the user to configure one of the digital inputs as a clock output effectively clock-locking the transport to the dac, I would love to try this out with my Shiga mkii

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.