• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where the red arrow to point is that the plus (+) side?
I would like a confirmation because I make my own black and red cable.
To everyone, remember to mount the heat sink ...

Tibi my package arrived today :D

Regards,
Rudy

Yes, exactly, your arrow indicate +8V and is also marked near on J6.
With a multimeter you can easily check that other pin is ground by testing continuity with LA6541 heatsink.
On Shiga MKII LA6541 do not require a heatsink. You do not need to put one as LA6541 will dissipate in the double ground plane we have calculated and designed.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, I see that ADP151 is missing in some photos. Should it always be used? Thanks.

ADP151-2.5 is optional. The sound get better with ADP151, but will be stable only with ultra low ESR caps >=1uF before and after.
SMD 1206 1uF is only in X7R and will exhibit measurable piezoefect. So, if you mount him, you need to take extra care on pcb vibrations.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
ADP151-2.5 is optional. The sound get better with ADP151, but will be stable only with ultra low ESR caps >=1uF before and after.
SMD 1206 1uF is only in X7R and will exhibit measurable piezoefect. So, if you mount him, you need to take extra care on pcb vibrations.

Regards,
Tibi

Thanks. The ADP151 is included in my kit. Should the ultra-low esr caps be here too? Regards.

I always test first the power supply if there are 8 volt comes out and yes I measuring 8 volt
But the diode (MSR860) and the capacitor is way too hot.
Please tell me what piece is defect?

When careful unpacking I noticed that the display falling apart, see picture …
Also the board connector looks defect, where the ribbon cable of the laser comes in, this can never have worked :( see picture …
Tibi please tell me wat to do, must I sent the whole unit back?

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Display defect.jpg
    Display defect.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Power supply defect.jpg
    Power supply defect.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 262
I always test first the power supply if there are 8 volt comes out and yes I measuring 8 volt
But the diode (MSR860) and the capacitor is way too hot.
Please tell me what piece is defect?

When careful unpacking I noticed that the display falling apart, see picture …
Also the board connector looks defect, where the ribbon cable of the laser comes in, this can never have worked :( see picture …
Tibi please tell me wat to do, must I sent the whole unit back?

Regards,
Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Yes, please send it back. In the mean time I'll ship another unit to you.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.