ShibaSoku Automatic Distortion Analyzer

Panasonic Info

I have both the instruction and service manuals for the Panasonic 7721A. Won't make a copy (way too many pages) but would "lend out" if someone else wants to create a file to share. Also have the spec sheets for the VP-7722A and 7782A.

Back when Panasonic was still in operation, the fellow with the info was Howard Anderson, who lived in Fishers IN (46038). After he left Panasonic he started a company called WHA Electronics to continue with service. WHA appears to have disappeared and I haven't been able to track down Mr Anderson to see if he still has info.

Charles

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Got them... the manuals describe the circuitry in fairly good detail.... they use a double notch filter in cascade. On a VP-7722A, the spec for the fundamental rejection is > -140dB.
...sample and hold circuitry... even get rid of extraneous noise/grass growing on the noise floor... by turning off un-needed digital circuitry during the measurement period.

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I have both the instruction and service manuals for the Panasonic 7721A. Won't make a copy (way too many pages) but would "lend out" if someone else wants to create a file to share. Also have the spec sheets for the VP-7722A and 7782A.

Back when Panasonic was still in operation, the fellow with the info was Howard Anderson, who lived in Fishers, IN (46038). After he left Panasonic he started a company called WHA Electronics to continue with service. WHA appears to have disappeared and I haven't been able to track down Mr Anderson to see if he still has info.

Charles

WHA Electronics is on the web under their name. Same city and state.

-Richard

Really? I found it easily. Use Google and just type in his company name.... WHA Electronics.

-RNM

Aw gee.
You did not find the company website, I do not believe.
If you did, link it, I will call them immediately.
Google did not return one for me.
It does return links to the *former* company.
The phone is disconnected.

I even tried to find Howard Anderson.
No go.

I went down this road about 2 years ago.
The trail is colder now than it was then.

As I said, this is better handled privately, as it is OT for this thread anyhow.

_-_-

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I found that Tektronix has a repair depot in calif which handles the ShibaSoku... didn't I mention this before. I called them But I could not get a manual from them... I did get prices for calibration etc.

Did you try the area code telephone Information ... Ok that's all I can think of.

-RNM

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I have a manual on disc of the ShibaSoku 725B (looking for a -D model). Courtesy of eBay. I have a manual of the VP-7722A courtesy of Manuals Plus. This stuff is hard to find but if you keep looking, something comes up eventually.

-RNM

Last edited:
Real world audio measurements

Hi,

I just wondering how to manage my shop, selling out all old stuff like HP, Bruel Kjaer, EMT, and so on.
I have decided to buy an old Panasonic VP-7722A from Helmut Singer, this could gain more space and also make more reliable measurements in my daily effort to make customer repair.

I have an old Card Deluxe and Win AUDIO MLS with Pete Millet interface I'm not so comfortable with this and I have to think " time is money".

I also design audio circuits and need precision measurements with decent accuracy, maybe the VP-7722A can deliver this.

Another way for common workshop repair may be a cloud solution, a NAS and a DAC can help to deliver the test signals I need via TCP/IP.
Can anybody give me a hint, who is the smart solution for a shop who need som simple audio test signals, A Mytek togehter with a WIFI device such Chordette from Chord or better may do the job.

My idea is to store test signal from AP download test signal software device and store it on the cloud and maybe CD/DVD and use them togheter with a decent PC software.

Just connect the WIFI and choose the test signal via the bridge to a MYTEK let it run as long you need and do the job, print out from a decent software analyzer like the SpectraPlus or whatever.