SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tyimo said:
Dear Lineup!

I am afraid you don't understand what about was I speaking.

In my question the diode bridge is for earth loop breaking.

Yes, Tyimo, looks like it :)

such things I have no clue about, yet
because, the only thing I use diode bridge for is supply rectification
never needed to use it for 'earth loop break'
even if I can sort of guess what this idea is

sorry
lineup

Choke Loaded SEWA

HI!

I would like to report you about my finished new amp: The Choke Loaded SEWA.
Yes, it is finished and ready and it has incredible good sound!!!:D

I built the amp with recycled parts from my junk box and garage to keep the cost low. So don't look at the design quality of the case and the parts....
The amp was working perfect from the first power on. No "hisss", no "brummm", no oscillation.
It is absolutly and totaly deadly quiet on idle!!!!!! I have never ever heard such a low noise DIY amp.
It is working on 14.5Vdc and 2.2A bias.

The sound: It is beautifull. The power and dynamic are astonishing! The sound has full body. Even more deatail then the "stock" SEWA! Very stong and real controled bass, silky mid and high.... etc. Should I continue?:D

Here are the parameters:

PSU:
-200VA-2x12Vac!
-CRC 50.000uF/channel
Circuit:
-127mH, 0.54Rdc airgaped EI choke
-IRFP240
-standard resistors
-Wima nonpolar caps
-10.000uF Stone ELKO on the output.

I would like to thanks all the help for
Mads and Lineup and Fuling and Circlotron! I learnt a lot from them!:)

Greets:

Tyimo

Attachments

• clota-top.jpg
    clota-top.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,655
Looks good!

Looks good Tyimo! Congratulations. Do you have a schematic?
I really like your tubeamp-like design. It is really appropriate with these ultra simple good sounding follower circuits.
I'm rebuilding my SEWA at the moment, after having lived with a pro-amp (no time for diy) for some months now. I'm redesigning the PCB and plan to order at least 20 boards (more if required). I get a small , but steady flow of requests for pcbs for this wondelful little amp. The new pcb is essentially the same circuit, but for HMT parts. 90% of my time at work are spent on SMT layouts, so it's fun to do some HMT layouts for DIY.

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.