• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling JFETs - 2SK170-BL, 2SJ74-V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To those guys that have bought the JFETs from me for the past few months:

I have a request to make. Can you check if your JFETs have solder on them or they looked like they have been soldered upon?

I wrote to Luke asking about his JFETs and he said that the batch of JFETs that I sold him has been soldered on before.

Luke received his JFETs about 1.5 months ago. If you have received your JFETs in mid-Oct, I would appreciate if you can check if they are used or if they are unused and let me know.

Luke ordered 50 pieces of 2SK170BL and 50 pieces of 2SJ74-BL from me. His batch of 2SK170BL belongs to the older batch that I used to have and they are reel-tape mounted and the markings are printed. The first and last legs of 2SK170BL are bended and these are not RoHs-compliant. As these JFETs are reel-tape mounted, they were pulled out or cut out from the reel-tape and as such they may have some traces of adhesive or they may be shorter.

His batch of 2SJ74-BL is a newer batch with 3 straight legs and these are RoHs-compliant and the marking are laser-etched.

The current batch of 2SK170BL that I have belongs to the newer batch with 3 straight legs and these are RoHs-compliant and the marking are laser-etched.

I would appreciate this very much. Thanks.

Just to add, to the best of my knowledge, the JFETs that I am selling have not been used before nor have they been soldered upon.

However, if anyone is not satisfied with his purchase or have doubts as to whether they are used, please send them back to me and I will give you a full refund.

Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Firstly, I am sorry for the inconvenience that was created. I hope that we will be able to sort this out.

Replying to your email - you asked if I can send you another batch of JFETs without you returning me the 100 that I have sold you earlier.

I am afraid I cannot do that because it would not be fair to me. In addition, I would like to see those JFETs that you mentioned which are soldered upon.

What I can do for you now is that you send me back the 100 pieces that I sold you and I will refund you back the money that you paid including all the shipping and Paypal fees. Essentially, you will be returned to back to a net $0 cash position prior to our transaction.

I hope that you will find this proposal fair to you. My only request is that you return me the exact same number of the 100 JFETs that I sold you. I will then be able to examine that if they were used before or have been tested upon.

Thanks.

Hi Steenoe,

I will make a note of the 2SK146, 2SK147, 2SJ72, 2SJ73 in my notebook and will look for them in electronic component shops in Singapore when I have the time.

Going from one shop to another to enquire about parts can be quite time consuming but it is good relaxation.

ruach,

Im working long hours and sending these back is very low priority.
I think maybe half the 2sk170 were used and thats all I expect to be replaced. I know these were hand counted and put in little lunch bags so you knew they were used when you posted them.
the used ones have no commercial value to you so do the right thing and replace them. BTW you should also be using anti static bags for these.

regards Arthur

Hi Luke,

Just return all of them to me for a complete refund and this refund will include the money that you pay for the shipping and Paypal fees.

You can use the same bubbled envelope that I send the JFETs to you. It should not take up much of your time.

Just paste a paper over your address and write down my address. When you are mailing out your other personal mails at the post office, bring this bubbled envelope along and mail it out to me.

In essence, you have got nothing to lose. But you will have to return all the 100 pieces - not 98 pieces nor 90 pieces. But the 100 pieces that I sold you.

What I will do with these JFETs will be up to me. I will check if these JFETs have been tested upon and if they have been soldered on.

I hand counted every JFETs before shipping them out and I am in the best position to tell if they have soldered in before. This is why I found your claim of the JFETs being soldered before interesting.

I hope that you will find my proposal fair to you.

Sorry again for the trouble that this has caused you.

Hi Luke,

With the refunds that I will make to you, you can buy your JFETs from other more trustworthy on-line sellers.

I must confess that I am just an amateur seller.

And to avoid any misunderstandings and bad feelings, I would rather just give you back all your money. Diying is just a hobby that I enjoy and I would not want anyone to have an impression that I pulled a fast one on them.

So please Luke, just return me the JFETs, I pay you the money and we both can call it even. Ok?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello Ruach,

I'm happy to see this issue has been resolved. The
adhesive looked a bit like solder...until I
rubbed on it and it came off.

May I suggest that in the future that you tape
around the plastic bags holding the jfets? In my
excitement to look at the parts, I pulled the
little bags out a bit too vigourously and some
parts went flying... :blush:

Thank you for all your help.

Cheers,
Dennis

Hi,
If the leg lengths are long enough, I snip off the glued portion.
This is to ensure that the solder chemically bonds with the cleaned metal surface left under the activated rosin layer.

I have no idea how good rosin (or any of the others) is at removing glue and dirt when it is designed to remove a thin layer of oxide.

Hi Luke,

It is great that this issue has been resolved.

It was difficult trying to second guess the intentions as you are are staying a few thousand miles from me.

What I can do then was to offer a complete refund which I felt was a very fair proposal to you.

The JFETs that I have from comes from various shops in Singapore. Some of these JFETs as you know are not easy to come by and they may be older stock. Some of them are glued to a tape reel and hence the issue of the adhesive pops out.

Right now, I am out of the 2SJ74-BL and the next shipment that the shops may have for me may be different from those that I have sold far in terms of age, the type of package - taped or non-taped, RoHs compliance, and even the price.

But what I can assure is that they are not used. I do the checking myself before I pay for them at the shops.

A thousand apologies to you again for the trouble that this issue created.

I bought the remaining one box of 2000 pieces of 2SK170-BL from one shop and these are newer, non-taped parts.

The batch of 2SJ74-BL which I will be sending out soon, are of similar make as the 2SK170-BL.

The 2SJ74-V, 2SA970-BL, 2SK246-Y, belong to the older batch, non-Rohs.

FYI guys.

2sk170

I received your e-mail and I confirm that I would be interested in 70 pieces of 2sk170. I am able to effect payment by paypal. You may invoice me at my paypal address which is jdg2_at_streamyx.com. Just replace the at with @ and I will effect payment and provide you with particulars of my address.

Incidentally, please quote shipping for Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. This would be preferable to troubling my friend in Singapore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.