SEAS A26 build

Per Madisound's schematic, it does need a resistor too.

We did some basic simulations on the A26. I think Lojzek came up with the idea, that adding a coil and turning the HP into 2nd order had some possible benefits.

Just FYI, make yourself happy! :)

Yep, resistor to tune tweeter level. Have 3 values and will start with the middle/nominal 10R value.

Will keep the 2nd order option in mind for the future.

If I add any additional complexity to this build I'm afraid it might never get completed!

BK

Working and sounding mighty fine!

Decided to defer the finish until a later time. Probably some nice veneer. The Baltic birch doesn't look half bad, but this was turning into the never ending project as is and Zia was harassing me. :p

BK

Attachments

• 1-IMG_3193.JPG
    1-IMG_3193.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 952
  • 2-IMG_3195.JPG
    2-IMG_3195.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 961
  • 3-IMG_3199.JPG
    3-IMG_3199.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 957
  • 1-IMG_3200.JPG
    1-IMG_3200.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 2,227
Congrats!! :cheers:

You want harassment? I demand listening impressions! Once the caps and drivers go through burn in ofc :) Happy to see Mundorf Supreme SGO's.

I'm really looking forward to impressions because I'm going to do an A26 build with a larger Orangutang style enclosure in the future. I'm debating between Supreme SGO's and Supreme EVO SGO's. Depending on your impressions I'll go for the Supreme Evo's if there is no hint of too much too end/ fatigue in this setup.

bk,

Congrats on completing your build!

The end product looks very well made. Now take your time to contemplate a nice set of veneers for this. IIRC a single driver speaker that you did a few years back came out very nice. If you are thinking grills, then ones that are fixed with neodymium magnets are an option. That way you embed the magnets in the front baffle and veneer over it, so when the grills are off, the baffle looks clean and there are no holes in it.

What's the tweeter height when mounted on the stands in the picture?

Look forward to some listening impressions soon.

Last edited:
bk,

Congrats on completing your build!

The end product looks very well made. Now take your time to contemplate a nice set of veneers for this. IIRC a single driver speaker that you did a few years back came out very nice. If you are thinking grills, then ones that are fixed with neodymium magnets are an option. That way you embed the magnets in the front baffle and veneer over it, so when the grills are off, the baffle looks clean and there are no holes in it.

What's the tweeter height when mounted on the stands in the picture?

Look forward to some listening impressions soon.

Tweeter height is 46.5". Stands are from my smaller monitors, so a bit high. Actually pretty good height for hard chair seating further back from couch seating.

Yep, I have most of TWO 4x8' sheets of curly makore that would look awesome. Kinda brittle and tricky to work with, but quite stunning. Below are the cabinets for the near-field full-range speakers I did with it.

With the big woofer the A26 screams SPEAKER. :D

Early impressions are that the tweeter is worth every penny...

BK

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2728.JPG
    1-IMG_2728.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 863
Decided to defer the finish until a later time. Probably some nice veneer. The Baltic birch doesn't look half bad

BK

You're quite right. If you have not yet finished these, may I suggest shellac? Some Baltic Birch is nice looking, as is. I think these would look sharp with a 'natural' unstained finish.

Shellac is a simple finish that would reveal grain, and can accept a top coat of polyurethane, or varnish.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-c...od-finishes/sealcoat-universal-sanding-sealer