• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Roberto,

If you give your 36v smps for free I will definitely take one also :p

However I missed your GB and I'm really interested by your kit-1. I'm a bit confused with all your offers, is that kit a sda-400 with his related smps?
What is the power rating of this amplifier under 8ohms load and do they have SE input? I would like to use them to power my woofers in an active 3-way setup. The quality of your products looks great and a ClassD amp with a smps fit perfect for my project.

Hi PandazYa,
this is KIT-1 : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachments/vendors-bazaar/376521d1381675911-sda-400-professional-multi-way-kit-1.jpg
Includes all connectors as xlr & rca Input and all components for attenuator/Input pcb.
For active 3 way, maybe you need a separate amps & smps (Kit -1 as stereo amp in one pcb). then you can see the MDA-400 also (one as integrated amp) MDA-400:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...9799-sda-400-professional-multi-way-wires.png.
Kit-1 offer quiet 2x150w at 8R SIN continuos at 400Hz and 2x270w rms at 4R. but very generous vs. 2R thank dual smps.
All amps have bal/Unbal input.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info: After this shipments, I hope find time for show new MDA-400 for sub dedicate.
This version includes new releases adopted in the DPS-400 for AB class (the DPS-400 is the section smps integrated in the MDA-400). a lot of current vs.load well implemented. very powerful,warm and clear.
180w (8R)
330w(4R): repetitive peaks up to 500w.

Roberto

Last edited:
Hi, have withdrawn some packages, last Friday.
for:
Tinitus
We417
AudioNotje
---------------------------------------------
I'm finishing the measurements on a larger version of the MDA-400, great for SUB, or bass guitar. but perfectly suitabile full-range, ultra compact amp perfect on all fronts.
Adopt a new transformer and capacitors well chosen
. two version 230/120Vac.
Tomorrow some photos.
Prices:
230Vac: MDA-400/S 158€ (complete of PBTU-3(2x5000uF ELNA) & Input Board PBT-IM complete of POT alps+xlr+rca+led+10Pin flat cable+2 AL profile)
120Vac: Use direct conversion in High Voltage (same components in package,(PBTU-3--2x10000uF) 183€
10 pz each availlable as promotion.

Regards

Hi,
The Kit-1 (Version sended to Tinitus) (see well 4Pin connector polarity)
---------------
If some company is interested to complete the finished product (even the 4-channel) are well available.
The products are well tested by a long time (years). then no problem.

Today show the MDA-400/S both ver. 230/120Vac.

regards

Attachments

• KIT-1-230Vac.jpg
    KIT-1-230Vac.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 299
Hi,
In the case of panel mounting (as sub), the PBTU-3 can be mounted as in the picture.
Well, is time for the 120Vac version.
I'm sure it resolves simple and clean, the heavy (for me useless) transformer at 110Vac. :)

Regards

Attachments

• MDA-400-S-230V.jpg
    MDA-400-S-230V.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 287
Hi Roberto;
I m quite impressed by your smps and amps :) please continue such good job for our ears :)

I d like to buy one of your SMPS for the following config, can you advise please:
at the moment I have 4 x VSSA mosfet amps which will drive 4 x 8" woofer 12 ohms load each, no LP filter, direct connection to the coils.

I plan to run the amps at +-45 so they should deliver each 66W rms in each 12ohms speaker (40Vpeak).
I want the SMPS to be able to support 4 x 66W continuously without any compromize.
May be the speaker load will go down a bit to say 8ohms at some frequencies but I do not expect a reactive load as there are no filters/self/cap between amp and speaker.

Also 2 of the 4 channels will be 180° from the others (signal and speaker connection inverted) so that the average load is expected to be equal on the V+ and V- rail....

Can you confirm your dual 800VA is appropriate ?

For another project I also need a smps with a single 60VDC 400VA or so , can you provide this also.

may I ask you to PM me a quote shipto france and I ll proceed with paypal.

I may have geopardized the thread :) sorry!
and regards to Pinnochio who might feel the presure now to deliver his review!

Last edited:
oops, forgot to mention each amp is biased 180ma per rail...
Hello guys, a special greeting to France, I have just a few fans and...My love for Paris :)
Thanks for the encouragement, I still certainly in research (I hope someone does not mind). :D

Well, apart from that I caught the flu with these temperature variations, I'm fine now.

I recommend 2xDPS-400, as KIT-8 (a part that is special price,as two for the price of 1 ). the reason is the bias of your total VSSA 4 amps (180mAx4) is not supported by the DPS-400, as startups. or 2xDPS-500/DA (+ /- 36V to 42V) voltage output firm as a rock.
-------------------------
Info:

I'm sorry, but I have not been able to plan for the withdrawal of the rest of the packages (they are all ready), Monday certainly will be withdrawn, so you arrive in the coming days. (including NoForte for + /-30V custom DPS-400)
----------------------------------
Another news is that at this point of the year-end, and thanks to the mountain of emails that I received, I decided to move this promotion until December 20th.
Obviously, only to kits that are still available, as follows
:

5xKIT-1 (230V version) ........€ 200€ +22€
3xKit-8 (230V version) ........ € 130€ +22 (PBTU-3 with 2x5000uF ELNA)
2xKit-10 (120Vac version) .....€ 160€ +22 (PBTU-3 with 2x10000uF)
2xKit-3 (230V Version) ........ € 230€ +22€
2xKit-3 (120Vac Version) ......€ 260€ +22€
3xKit-11 (230Vac Version) .....€ 185€ +22 (Special edition for ICEpower 500A)
Includes PBTU-2 + Regulators 317/337 and filter. PowerDC single +70V.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi AP2,

Received the DPS-500/DA PowerSupplies yesterday. They look really nice.

Would it be best to put them on a 3mm aluminium sheet just like described in the DPS-500/S-64 pdf ? (http://www.audiopower.it/products/doc/DPS500-S-52_EN1-6.pdf)

And then use isolated standoffs to mount the sheet to the chassis?

Kind regards,
Audionootje
Hi, Yes sure you can...but remember that the two screws near ac side on pcb, need electric connection to Heart (gnd). just in case You want an insulation between the bottom panel and the frame (case).

must also say that the panel under the DPS-500 / S, is due to dissipate heat. you have a great HeatSink. does not require a shield under the pcb.
I'm very curious of your listening test, just with VSSA amps.
...I hope your woofers are robust :D

Last edited:
Done! lets go!

Roberto, I take 2 x KIT 1 please:
1 kit 1 in 42V
1 kit 1 in 52V
I send you a PM

so I will be able to compare the SDA with the VSSA and decide what to do afterwards :)

Well, I'm glad you chose 2x Kit-1, I'm sure that when you have them in hand, you will understand that the price is incredibly low for this quality, certainly unrepeatable as 50€, 1x DPS-400 + PBTU3 :)
When you compare SDA ->VSSA, I hope VSSA is better..eheh!
You have pm

Regards

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.