Schematic diagram of Unison Research Unico

I have a Unico amp and also would see the schematic plz. to look where the coupling caps are.
Can someone forward it to hanssatink(at)gmail.com
Thx!
There are a lot of UNICO models:
Unison Research (englisch)
Unison Research (Italian)
Unison Research - Unico Serie (German)
Which model you have? And what says the service department of Unison-Research to you, after you asked for schematic/SM ??
At best you send a PM to the diyaudio member "Telestar" - go to
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/telstar.html
He probably calls for you there.

The model i have is the 'UNICO' sold in 2007. As far as i know it was the first Unico amplifier model. I crossed this amp occasionally in a local hifishop. I got impressed of its tonal character. I took it home for a weekend and couldn't return it. Now it drives my good old Tannoys :)

In my setup it sounded somewhat flat. I did a little mod. Used the Phono input for a direct connection to the input stage off the class a valve pre with zilver/gold wires there. The input coupling capacitors are shorted by this mod. It leads to some more definition.

Tried to remove jumper 16-17 to disabel speaker protection. It had a negative effect on the tonal balance? I placed them back.

There are a lot fuses in the amp which are bad for the transient response of the PSU. I changed it (don't try this at home) to get some better micro-attack in the mid-low regions.

What a surprise. This is one of the finest amps i ever had and heard.

Last edited:
unico power amp

I need a service manual for this unico power amp. As I understand it is the original Unico amp from around 2002 there is no other model number on the set. It uses 12ax7 preamp tubes and has IRFp240 and IRFp9240 power mosfet outputs. I have replaced the outputs and the preamp ic's but it still smokes and blows fuses. Can anyone help me out?

Hello Guys,

I need some help, I am new in this forum and tried in several ways to solve my problem.
I own a Unison Research Unico P amplifier, the model with only single ECC82 tube, is actually my second Unico P.
From a while I have a kind of pop noise (very loud) in the speakers, almost enough to damage them and I am afraid to use it anymore. The pop noise is totally random (no specific pattern), can happen after 15 min or few hours, with or without signal on the inputs.
I changed the tube ECC82 with several others, NOS or new, but no success. I changed the tube socket with new one, I tried to check all solderings and re-soldered where I considered is necessary. Nothing. Defect still remains.
I wrote to Unison Research technical support and they promptly replied and suggested to replace voltage reference TL431 clp which I did. Still no success.
The issue seems to be related to both channels as long the pop noise appear in both speakers.

That's why I decided to write you as being my last chance.
You may have some clues or advice's to me that may help to solve the issue.

At least will be great is somebody can help me specifically with service manual, unfortunately UR technical support did not provide it to me.

Many thanks in advance