Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Maybe jtsaudio is a real shill-bidder. Who knows?
If you followed any of these threads, you'd see I lost money just like the rest. The difference is that I didn't take it "lying down".:smash:

he lost lots of money for his won item from Audiotek.

Really? Then why did he leave so much positive feedback on so many occasions???

Sounds like a "Bill-Shidder" to me. ;)

jtsaudio said:

If you followed any of these threads, you'd see I lost money just like the rest. The difference is that I didn't take it "lying down".:smash:

Really? Then why did he leave so much positive feedback on so many occasions???

Sounds like a "Bill-Shidder" to me. ;)

Dear jstaudio,
I am really victim just like you. Please see your email.
It's my mistakes to believe them.

Regards,
ims

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Sorry IMS!

My mistake!

At that time when I looked at their feedback I saw your username many times giving positive feedback for small items and when I looked at your feedback profile I saw a very large percentage of your bids was with them. :confused:

I hope you can understand my confusion and please accept my apology.

-Joe

BTW I just got a refund from Paypal on one of my items.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Guys, I too lost much money to Audiotek. Since I have full names and adresses of 2 of the 3 people that are behind this I am trying to report the scam to the taiwanese police.

The first deals went flawlessly but the last big one did not happen although I did pay. So I trusted the guy after some succesful deals.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Verified! tzeng_albert is same scammer!

He's Baaaack!

Same M.O. (prices items way low with "free shipping", places his own shill bids against you to jack up prices).

Check out his(tzeng_albert) feedback:

A few of his "shill- bidder" names are:

"masuda41" ,
"esbornia" ,
"tzelal1"
and
"caset68"

Let's keep an eye on him and report him as he violates eBay policy!

Re: Verified! tzeng_albert is same scammer!

jtsaudio said:

places his own shill bids against you to jack up prices).

First- How do you see the IDs of the other bidders? For regular ebay users, this info is hidden (privacy policy). You're assuming that from the list of successful auction winners, I guess. (?) Just because somebody bids on a number of one seller's auctions doesn't mean that they are shilling. It could just be that the person wants to buy a bunch of components and keeps entering low-ball, unsuccessful bids -trying to get a bargain. I've done it myself.

Second- It's an auction. Don't bid higher than you want to pay. There's no way the seller can 'jack up' the price, unless your maximum bid is too high. Use sniping to place a last-minute bid if necessary.

Third: Free shipping is not a scam. It's a legitimate way of attracting business. Most eBay buyers know that the shipping is often a big problem (and expense). Chinese postal rates are cheap, so these sellers can compete by offering free shipping.

Last: China has over a billion citizens - that's a thousand million (10^9). Not all the Chinese sellers on eBay are the same person- the infamous audiotek!

John

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
tzeng_albert uses shill-bidders on ebay

How do you see the IDs of the other bidders?

It comes from experience.

If you do a check on sale of completed items, over and over the same usernames place not only the initial bid but also any winning bid for items bid much below the Buy-it-now price.

I've checked the feedback for him. It's full of shill-bidders, for example check these usernames:

x_audio
jjfvrooij
edzost69
ketonatus

The majority of their feedback was for tzeng_albert and before that, for audiotek and it's other offshoots hu6073 & diy.japan .

Please check for yourself!

Not all the Chinese sellers on eBay are the same person

If he's not the same guy, then he's doing the exact same things with the exact same products! Coincidence?!

Please don't be naive and defend these unethical sellers!

I got tired of listening to this so I went on and ordered a few things from tzeng_albert, just because I happened to see a few things I like. Normal bids, nothing really suspicious. Won a bunch of items, they got shipped and arrived in two weeks. All is intact, as described - some connectors, two heavy-duty bridge rectifiers and a gigantic RIFA capacitor. I've a second one on the way as well, making a high-current power supply.

So .. yeah. Whatever.

Ok, I'm part of this thread now! I've recently smelled the baiting, seems to be prominent in the 'big' cap side of it. I mumbled something like "What is the hunger these same 2 bidders have for these caps; cap-junkies? Sh__ it's a da__ shell game." A google search for 'Albert...' brought me right 'here'.

I've got to give credibility to those of you that have learned their game the hard way and have been tracking it. The one'es two'es rotating stock is flashing red now. And sure enough a few much larger quantities are filtering in. Honest business man, maybe. But I spent a portion of my life afar where simple quilt by association can get you feed to the dogs

I received my first order yesterday, 'plain ole plastic bags' that a dime bagger wouldn't even use. Haven't 'followed' into overbid on anything. Still have few orders due me; not allot of money less than $200. But that's not the issue, as ole Hank Williams said " You showed me that I wasn't even born, I was only hatched" Can't see the Taiwanese Police of any use; I'd trust them less. Best bet is that they fear the Red Chinese most of all. The relative low gains in this has got all the hallmarks of organized Mob; they love the low visibility that an accrual thing like this brings: steady low risk profit flow.
Like the 'numbers', most involved are told not asked. Best way to stop it, is to not be DIY blinded like me. Looks like g-g and I**I work different shifts.
Certainly this thread is their favorite read! Any one got a vicious computer virus on a leash ?

Attachments

• thdcourt3.png
    thdcourt3.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 372
No

I'm seeing the same particular (distinctive among other examples or cases of the same general category : notably unusual ) details that the the main previous 'victims' of this thread have described in their posts. I attempted to run through them. The details do match.
Mob, yea that's a bad word choice. I'll retract that; lost sleep last night feeling 'had'. That gut feeling came to me on my own, before I'd read any of this.
Don't negate the criminality of this: by US standards; Mail fraud, use of mail in the commission of a crime, conspiracy (3 or more) to commit a crime, for starters. All serious federal charges and subject to extradition.

Time will tell!

Shill bidding is only effective if the 'victim' gets caught up in the excitement and emotion of the auction process, and irrationally bids more than he planned to pay, and more than the item is worth.
How can that apply to any of us??
Decide what you are willing to pay and use a last-minute (aka sniping) bidding service to place your bid. Sellers can't make a living doing fictitious deals with their shills- you will get what you want eventually, at the price you are willing to pay.

John

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Not wanting to argue, but...

How can that apply to any of us??

Because many of us who did snipe and win(at prices much lower than "buyitnow" never received our orders (please read previous posts)!

That's the whole point of this thread(and to warn others)!

Sellers can't make a living doing fictitious deals with their shills

Well, they must be making some money (remember where these products are made) from those unwitting enough to bid against their shills or why, pray tell, would they be doing this?

- you will get what you want eventually, at the price you are willing to pay.

What you may get is what several of us here have gotten:
No merchandise after weeks and weeks of waiting, and, if you're smart enough to file before the 45 day deadline, a refund from Paypal.

Hopefully someone reading here will get the point.

jtsaudio said:

What you may get is what several of us here have gotten:
No merchandise after weeks and weeks of waiting, and, if you're smart enough to file before the 45 day deadline, a refund from Paypal.

Hopefully someone reading here will get the point.

I have read the thread, and I've not seen any reports of unsuccessful transactions here with tseng_albert.

Of course, if you believe that there is only one Chinese seller of electronics on ebay (Audiotek rising again from the ashes), then best to stay clear, I agree.
In general, ebay is not a place for inexperienced or unwary buyers.
John

Bad Taste

Don't like the taste of 'crow' at all!
But I just received almost all that has been ordered from Albert's and defiantly all that has had enough time to arrive! Can't repeat my 1st reaction. Ok, as it stands, looks like I owe the man an apology. Shill bidding wasn't really my issue, not receiving what was paid was: That appears to be a mute point now.
Blackbird, YUK!

Glad to hear you've gotten most of your stuff.
If you still have qualms about this seller, probably best to quit while you are ahead.
I have found several Chinese eBay electronics sellers that have been very reliable, but the 'audiotek experience' does make me more careful than I once was.

Cheers
John

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Glad to hear it!

But I just received almost all that has been ordered from Albert's...

Cowboy-
I'm glad to hear you got most of your items!

It would appear that we've all learned a lesson- including the seller(s).

I'll still be keeping an eye on these guys though, from time to time...

I have found several Chinese eBay electronics sellers that have been very reliable

Victoriaguy-
Would you mind revealing who's reliable so as to help to help those of us who wish to buy, but are still shy from past experiences? TIA

Best wishes,

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.