Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think companies like Ebay should be more carefull about their reputation, so decent people do not stay away from trading through them.

About a year ago I helpt an englishman and his company who had lost a considerable amount of money when he had delivered fly fishing equipment /fly rods to a swedish company that didn´t pay for the delivery. The englishman discovered that the rods were sold on the swedish auction site Trxxxxx.

When I contacted Trxxxxx their answers at first was not helpful at all but I persisted and said that I was going to consult my sister who is a layer. After some correspondence they made a turn and said that they would make an investigation. I had told them that if they continued advertising goods that may have been stolen their reputation could be damaged and that I very well might contact a newspaper to tell the story. It was not a good thing that they waited so long before they changed their minds an decided to make an investigation, but in the end they reacted.

My main argumentaition was that they had the priviledge of refusing ads and if in doubt they could urge the seller to prove his justified ownership. Refusing such obvious measures didn´t honour them. Saying "we can´t be the police" and at the same time claiming that they cooperated with the police didn´t make sense to me.

Well I certainly won't be dealing with them again but so far they have answered my emails very promptly. The last one I asked for a tracking number and they replied with the following:

DIY TEXAS
We ship the order by Taiwan Post who do not have tracking number. But we are responsible for the shipment. If lost or broken,we will refund immediately to protect your right.

Still seems a bit fishy but I'm willing to give them a chance because I want that amp. For those that have actually received something how long did it take for the item to arrive once they claimed it was shipped out?

Update

Get this!

Twice I bid and won orders for 12pcs 4,700uf Nichicon KG capacitors from Audiotek, as well as 4pcs Gold Binding Posts, but they never arrived.

When I asked where they were, they said
"We have no stock of this item. Do you wanna change to any other item in our ebay store?"

I asked if they would substitute the Nichicon 10,000uf/63v caps they listed instead, they wrote:
"Dear clm811
NICHICON KG 10000uF 63V -20PCS,
GOLD BINDING POST- 4PCS
We will ship the the above orders by EMS.
Thank you very much.
- audiotek168"

I was instructed by Audiotek to send $30 via Paypal to vickie.hu@yu-home.net
for EMS(Express)shipping of the entire order .

Later I was promised by them that the complete order shipped on Feb 5th; however, when they finally gave a tracking number it said the shipment posted on February 10th.

Today, the Post Office says they have a (4 ounces) Express mail package from Taiwan for delivery.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I weigh a single Nichicon KG capacitor(I got some from Percy Audio, Thanks Michael!), they weigh about 3.5 ounces EACH!.

I've advised the Post Office that I am refusing the shipment as it's obviously not what I paid for(probably only the posts, which cost $5 )!

Could they have lied to me and charged me $30 to ship $5 worth of goods?
Most likely!

Once again: are these the actions of a good (or even "misunderstood")seller? Or those of a liar and a cheater?

You tell me.

DIYERS.....Beware Alert!!!!!!

Hey watch out for this Scammer on EBay - "The DIY Audio Shop" manages by a scumball named "33kami".

He used to run the AudioTek168 and AudioTek968 but he closed up shop with Thousands of Dollars from us unsuspecting DIYers.

He emailed me back and said his account was stolen. Absolutely false as he sends a few of the small items and does not come thru with any of the big items! Scumball.. as I will be out at least $100 as the PayPal is past 45 days on some of the items.

He has over 150 Negative feedbacks in the last month as he closed down and opened under the "The DIY Audio Shop".

Buyers Beware... Spread the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Update

clm811 said:
.........................vickie.hu@yu-home.net ......

Interestingly, vickie.hu is one of the shill bidders used by the Audiotek clan!!! It makes you wonder, when faced with clear evidence like this, that Ebay does nothing.

You should complain to Ebay along these lines.
If everyone did so, maybe some action would take place.

dtm1962 said:
DIYERS.....Beware Alert!!!!!!

......... "The DIY Audio Shop" ......... "33kami"..............

Buyers Beware... Spread the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another name to add to the growing list !!!

kennylee said:

They registered a new ID in japanese: diy.japan

This one was spotted a few days ago.

How many more accounts have they set up waiting to be activated.

The more they seem to have, the more it looks like a deliberate attempt to defraud...

except...

Why do they respond to email?
Why do they send so much stuff out?

They actually are not very good at defrauding unless there is some ulterior motive behind it all........mail fraud, identity theft, robbing your account????

Andy

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Why do they respond to email?
Why do they send so much stuff out?

Well,
My father used to say:
"thieves are not very smart, because they fail to see the BIG picture."

I'm doing what I can to foil these scammers. Note: You can always leave negative feedback(it cannot affect your claim).

After all, when they mess with one of us, they mess with ALL of us!

"Instant Karma's gonna get you..." - J. Lennon

SavvyAudio IS audiotek?

Thanks for pointing out the newest memeber of the audiotek scam: "SavvyAudio"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320341383202

The facts are that they have:

a)The very same product I paid but never got from audiotek168(item#270336541875).

b)The identical product description, down to the very last word(too exact to be a coincidence).

c)The same M.O. (They started the listing at $1.99 with free shipping, same as audiotek).

Today, though, I see their listings have all been changed to "Buy It Now".

If they start shill/cross-bidding and failing to deliver the goods, we'll just report them like all the rest!.

Paypal does their job!

I've gotta say I was lucky this time-
Paypal refunded each of my 5 claims over the weekend. :cool:

Fellas: don't give up ! ;)

-Chas

BTW, I saw that SavvyAudio is listing more of audioteks' wares, but currently it's "BUY IT NOW" (maybe they've learned their lesson?). :angel:

poynton said:
Interesting......

I noticed that the board is from DIYzone.
I saw this on some of the other boards.

I wonder if they are related???

Andy

Many of the Audiotek kits are diyzone. If you can navigate through the chinese, you'll find discussions, build guides, schematics, etc. I don't think they are related as some of the same kits are available elsewhere. I've built a couple of the "miniQ" regulators and work as advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.