Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received this email about 4 hours ago:

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Our Account Was Stolen!
We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.
Unfortunately, we will lost over 6000 feedback and have to start from zero.
Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email.

NOTE
We are going to setup a new site/account within this week. We will send email to all our customers after we finish all the procedures required.
If you have any urgent purpose of components, please also contact us.

AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

diy.texas@gmail.com

I replied immediately telling them NOT to ship, but to REFUND all my money.

I will follow up when I get a response (or not).

Update

EBay is still saying:

For legal reasons, we can't investigate further unless we have a copy of the email with its complete "header" as asked in our previous email.

This is depite my telling them that ALL communications took place through the "Messages" section of eBay(and they DON'T use "headers" ) ! Apparently, they have set up a system whereby the scammers can "fly under the radar"! -USELESS!

Plus, I just noticed that Paypal got a response from the seller with a "tracking number" on one of my orders for which I've filed a complaint.

This exact number, when entered into their postal system website, elicits the following response:

"The number is not correct, please check again".

I wrote back to the seller yesterday, asking them to provide the correct tracking number, and they replied:

" Sorry. We are in holiday now. Could you wait a few more day?

Since back on February 1st they already used the excuse that they were closed due the Chinese New Year holiday, would anyone care to guess which "holiday" they are in NOW ?

It sound like more stalling to postpone the refund, no doubt...

Those 14 items I won in the auction have been delivered.
They all look good quality and I suspect they are not fakes.
The 610/9610 Mosfets were dropped into an ordinary plastic bag.
I have asked audiotek168 to tell me how to test them in case they are damaged by static to the gate.

I have also asked them to inform me how to pay my bill after testing the FETs.

They lived up to their promise to send and pay later.

I suspect these were from audiotek168?

Looks like audiotek968 was closed just before the expected bad feedback came flooding in. Look at all the bad feedback from just the last month!

At least audiotek168 is now only selling at buy it now, which i guess will all be honoured.

I suspect he just didnt want to send stuff out when bought on auction.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Those 14 items I won in the auction have been delivered...They lived up to their promise

Andrew,

I'm curious why you had such good luck- Could either of the following be true in your case:

a) Was this your first order with Audiotek168 in recent months?
b) Did you pay, at or close to, their Buy-it-Now" price?

Looks like they lure you to order more by shipping your FIRST order(usually a small one, since most people are cautious the first time out), but unless you pay close to their BUYitNOW price, "things go wrong".

Re: Update

clm811 said:
.................would anyone care to guess which "holiday" they are in NOW ?
........... [/B]

Chineese Easter Holiday !

AndrewT said:
They lived up to their promise to send and pay later.

Not only that, but they were very quick...

I, on the other hand, have had no response to my emails or received anything in the post.
I did receive positive feedback from Audiotek968 before they stopped but I did in effect pay for it!

Andy

Well they said they shipped my order out on Feb. 10th. I wonder how long I should wait around.

Since they are currently being investigated I imagine they might be on their best behavior right now, especially if your order meets one of the two conditions "Jtsaudio" listed in post #47.

If the items do not arrive after 30 days, I recommend filing a dispute with Paypal(if that's how you paid).

I wish you good luck.

My first order was with Audiotek168 but I have not yet paid for it - Paypal refused to accept payment!!!

At the same time, I also paid for an item with hu6073 (not audiotek968 as previous) I was left positive feedback. Theybsay it has been dispatched. I will wait 30 days with baited breath !!

Andy

Sorry to hear that you guys had problems with this seller. I know how frustrating this can be... :(
I guess I was lucky many times as I purchased several items from this seller - at least a dozen transactions. (Check his feedback for sales to dudaindc)
I hope eBay and Paypal will help to recover your losses.

poynton said:
My first order was with Audiotek168 but I have not yet paid for it - Paypal refused to accept payment!!!

At the same time, I also paid for an item with hu6073 (not audiotek968 as previous) I was left positive feedback. Theybsay it has been dispatched. I will wait 30 days with baited breath !!

Andy

I got positive feedback from the transaction already as well. He says it was dispatched, here's to hoping! I really want the amp kit!!

This is the first time I had bid for anything from any of the Audiotek companies.

I won
4off irf610
4off irf9610
4off nichicon Muse 2200uF 63V 85degC
2off WIMA MKS 4 10uF 100V 5%

in 4 different auctions.
Total price $12.40 about £8.00, an average price of ~ 86cents, or about 60p each delivered to home.

They're at it again!!

They are at it again!
Their new seler ID is
mobile6699

If you look at their feedback, it is dominated once again by the following shill-bidders:

hng33388
nmn55588
bhn77688
sfg23188
vickie.hu

AND, note the last one. Interestingly enough that is feedback from one of their own (Audiotek) sellers: hu6073!!

Now tell me that they'e nice people and are only misunderstood!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.