SA2015 V-MOSFET Builders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
same result when only one channel connected?
The amplifier pcb is isolated mounted on the heat spreader? The first prototype pcbs have the screw fields erroneously unisolated ...
Yes,same.
115mV for the CONNECTED channel ,7mV when laptop mute.
70uv for the DISCONNECTED channel.
I have isolate the mounting holes on the bottom using a dremel.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
You have said you can hear nearly no noise with the ear on the speaker. maybe you measure some dac artefacts. laptop soundcards often have bad output filters and your amp has a very high power bandwidth.
use your scope to check the output signal frequency and amplitude.

You have said you can hear nearly no noise with the ear on the speaker. maybe you measure some dac artefacts. laptop soundcards often have bad output filters and your amp has a very high power bandwidth.
use your scope to check the output signal frequency and amplitude.
Yes, i must put my ear in contact with the tweeter to be able to hear a very low level noise.
I tried to pull the jack and short this using an aluminium paper, the measurement is 0 mV.
The cable is like this but 1.5m

Attachments

• RCA TO JACK.jpg
    RCA TO JACK.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Dear Thimios,

looks pretty good! :):up::up::up:

I would do one change: the small signal lines (ribbon cables) route above in the middle of the amplifier. The sharp edges from the steel bottom may destroy the cables.
The signal cables carry only constant DC and speaker output signals decoupled by 4.7k (for DC detection).

BR, Toni

Dear Thimios,

looks pretty good! :):up::up::up:

I would do one change: the small signal lines (ribbon cables) route above in the middle of the amplifier. The sharp edges from the steel bottom may destroy the cables.
The signal cables carry only constant DC and speaker output signals decoupled by 4.7k (for DC detection).

BR, Toni
Dear Toni,don't worry!:)
I will take care in the finally assembled amplifier.
I will enclose this ribbon cable (at these <<dangerous>> points) in a thermal shrinking tube.;)
Thanks a million!
Thimios

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have placed the feets without mounting under the amp and moved them around for best optic. measured the distance and afterwards checked, if the screws doesn't touch anything inside the amp.

I can send you my cad file from latest amp...

BR, Toni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.