S. Harsch XO

@mkane77g.

We could do a online cooperation to calibrate your speaker to hit those target curves and align band pass SPL plus set the correct timing. If you okay try that there could end be some time frames where me or you are not available and online so suggest you should accept that microphone will have stay in a locked position as long time as exercise will take us. Also suggest take other route with better quality control for timing to get this Harsch filter set right, suggestion is calibrate XO point to a Linkwitz Riley 4th order slope because when we then reverse polarity for one driver we can find the perfect timing number within 1 cycle or few when nulling area starts reach a deep deep minus 30-45dB suck out. After that its easy transfer LP from LR4 to BW4 with a few known electric PEQs and for HP if we had a electric BW2 HP @XO point set before hitting that acoustic LR4 we can now simply drop that electric BW2 in DSP and ad a few known PEQs and HP will transfer to a BS2 slope and in that timing is right we just have to add the Harsch delay rule for HP band.

Last edited:
I saw this thread open once again and remembered that I translated the Harsch PowerPoint presentation into English some time back. Perhaps others might like it in English as well (although I always find it interesting how different languages actually present their colloquialisms and select their actual words). Attached below.

Attachments

• Phase Distortions and Time Effects of Audio Systems (Harsch).pdf
    451.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I get this when trying to import woofer zip. And don't have a clue how to straighten this response.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 9000.jpg
    9000.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 155