Rohde Schwarz R&S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation

Thank you. Currently, ATOM processors cannot be used for testing, only AMD series processors can be used. The most ideal is GX1. Testing that the LX800 works. But the display is not quite the same.This test harddisk comes from a new motherboard. I am currently having a headache. The machine alternates between good and bad. OVLD often occurs during the testing process. After restarting, it cannot function properly. Always in a protected state. But the cold start is completely normal. Overload after 10 minutes of work.
UPLBOARD.jpg

Last edited:
The current inspection result is a jumper issue near LM339. The jumper fault has been cleared and resolved, but it is unclear how it will develop in the future. If Overload occurs again, decide to replace LM339. In addition, Kontron ETX-LX testing is used. Use the IDE DOM to test that everything except the display part is working properly.
LM339.jpg
ETX-LX.jpg

Thank you. Currently, ATOM processors cannot be used for testing, only AMD series processors can be used. The most ideal is GX1. Testing that the LX800 works. But the display is not quite the same.This test harddisk comes from a new motherboard. I am currently having a headache. The machine alternates between good and bad. OVLD often occurs during the testing process. After restarting, it cannot function properly. Always in a protected state. But the cold start is completely normal. Overload after 10 minutes of work. View attachment 1228622
Indeed very good investigations that you are doing here :)
Thanks for the sharing !

Good morning Bjirre,I need your help now. I have discovered new problems again. During the testing process, a question mark appeared on the B1 option. But it can output normally, but the frequency and voltage are not correct. May I ask where the problem lies. Additionally, I have purchased almost all ETX motherboards. Prepare to test which display is completely normal. Then I will provide timely feedback to everyone.​

Thank you also to my best friend. Alex_twn

cheers
SERR01.jpg
SERR02.jpg
SERR03.jpg
SERR04.jpg

@wyqgyn given my recent experiences with the signal path, the first thing I would check is the relay that switches between the internal gen and the low distortion gen.

You can check my recent post surrounding this topic. You can easily verify this by bridging the relay contacts. If the self-test passes 1 generator and fails the other and vice versa, you will know that the relay needs replacing.

Impressed with your motherboard investigation! Thanks for sharing!

Kind Regards,

Bart

Hello i just bought the UPL from a test equipment company, they tried to change the disk for ssd but it doesnt work.

They had transcendar 64GB ssd and from what I read these discs were not working.

I ordered CF adapter and 4GB card, after I receive unit I will make disc image from this ssd to CF and hope it will work.

The original spinning disc is 20GB fujitsu from 2003 year

Hello i just bought the UPL from a test equipment company, they tried to change the disk for ssd but it doesnt work.

They had transcendar 64GB ssd and from what I read these discs were not working.

I ordered CF adapter and 4GB card, after I receive unit I will make disc image from this ssd to CF and hope it will work.

The original spinning disc is 20GB fujitsu from 2003 year
Hi,
A good starting point is to look to your bios, does it recognise the ssd there?
Cheers, Bart

GOOD AFTERNOON TO ALL FELLOWS, I HAVE TWO UPZ BUT THEY ARE TWO OUTPUT AND I WOULD LIKE TO CONVERT ONE INTO INPUT AND I AM MISSING THE DATA IN THE MEMORY FOR THE UPL TO RECOGNIZE IT, COULD SOMEONE HELP ME
Hi,

Not sure if i catched your question correctly,

Converting an output switcher to an input one is not easy as the response the UPZ sends is hardcoded into the microcontroller.

You could however put an arduino in there and emulate the switcher and route your outputs to the relais. Removing the old controller first off course.

You can find example code in this repo: https://github.com/bvksound/UPZ_Switcher

Cheers,

Bart

Hi,
A good starting point is to look to your bios, does it recognise the ssd there?
Cheers, Bart
Looks like it recognize it but As 123mb disc
20231208_135732.jpg

I connected both discs to PC
Original hdd has 20GB and has one 2GB active partition just like the new clone SSD

The good info is, the unit is working well and looks like it was not much used, no signs of repairs, PSU looks ok, not even a single cold solder joints at fuse socket
20231208_104520.jpg

And it has B1 :)

20231208_102318.jpg

It light like new with original CCFL
20231208_164057.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi All.

I have an opportunity to purchase R+S UPL audio analyzer. I would like to run self test but SELFTEST.BAS file is missing.

I searched through the entire HDD and could not find it anywhere.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody can post a copy of the file.

Thanks to all for sharing knowledge and experience.

Last edited: