Rohde Schwarz R&S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation

I was able to repair my faulty UPL Analyzer. The issue ended up being relay K240 that switches between the Low distortion Generator and the Internal one. After probing several test points I was able to find stable signals before this stage. A good method of finding if relays are your issue is to slightly tap them, if the issue is in the contacts you will see huge swings in the readings.

Relay type K240: V23026D1021B201 https://www.mouser.be/ProductDetail/655-V23026D1021XB

After replacing this relay, all readings were back and selftest passed immediately without issues.

Thanks to @astx for the relay suggestion, you were right!

Cheers,

Bart

Attachments

• Selftest Passed.jpeg
    Selftest Passed.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Relay.jpeg
    Relay.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: 4 users
I don't know, I can get to it just fine from here in Canada, how long have you noticed it being down ?
Yesterday, June 27th, I reset my name server from Cloudflare.com back to Name.com in order to do an e-mail upgrade Name.com said was required due to their changing to a different e-mail service provider but from here I was only down for a couple of hours while the change propagated.

Hello, if anyone can help, I'm trying to get my new GOTEK USB floppy disk emulator to work, I simply replaced the original floppy drive with the emulator, copied the files to an empty usb stick and plugged it in the emulator and entered A: then I got the message "Not ready reading drive A, Abort, Retry, Fail?", what am I doing wrong? and does anyone mind providing instructions on how to make it work from start to finish?

I have MAC btw.

thanks

I can replicate the system using a 2G IDE solid-state drive. But if I want to test whether the self check signal is normal, my machine often experiences OVERLORD! The yellow indicator light is illuminated. So I would like to ask everyone how to call the SELFTEST command! You can view the fault location.
2G.jpg