• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Danke, Franz.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 389
Thank you for your payments, Gentlemen!

I am still missing several money transfers, but I have already ordered the components (transistors, resistors, capacitors).

All have been on stock ! :)

I will wait another 1-2 days for the latecomers; then I will order the PCBs as well.

I will do a revision 1 of my "FC-100 Builder's Manual" (written in my best German school-English :D) and will send it to you this afternoon.

I know that one of you is already working on a BoM for the FC-100, Shunt, LSProtect and Soft-Power-On PCBs (parts being ordered from DIGIKEY).

Maybe he shares it to you all.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Best regards

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    19 KB · Views: 342
The components that I ordered, are arriving.

Today: 300 pcs. of MPC74 0R1 emitter resistors.

I want to offer a "Transformer group-buy extension" to you all.

The transformers needed to power the shunt regulators of the frontend of Mihai's FC-100, are rated at 4 x 34 VAC / 50W
for 2 shunts. (In fact: 21.5mA per frontend rail is needed!)

A transformer like this can be either built by yourself (for example by "joining" a couple of small PCB transformers) or can be especially wound for you.

Several of my German FC-100 DIY-friends of group-buy round #1 and I ordered these transformers form BADEL (http://www.badel-gmbh.com):

http://www.abload.de/img/badel005mvf0c.jpg

The price of this 4 x 34 VAC / 50W transformer is about 20€ (not more!).
Shipping to you (in a separate small parcel) will be:

- 8.90€ within EUROPE
- 15.90€ (outside of EUROPE - I am very, very sorry, but these are the prices of DHL)

The minimum quantity to order is 5 pieces.
The lead time is about 4 weeks.

Find attached the "interested party-list".
If you are interested as well: tell me please.

Attachments

• Heute 014.jpg
    Heute 014.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Badel 005.jpg
    Badel 005.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Image1.png
    Image1.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 97
The components that I ordered, are arriving.

Today: 300 pcs. of MPC74 0R1 emitter resistors.

I want to offer a "Transformer group-buy extension" to you all.

The transformers needed to power the shunt regulators of the frontend of Mihai's FC-100, are rated at 4 x 34 VAC / 50W
for 2 shunts. (In fact: 21.5mA per frontend rail is needed!)

A transformer like this can be either built by yourself (for example by "joining" a couple of small PCB transformers) or can be especially wound for you.

Several of my German FC-100 DIY-friends of group-buy round #1 and I ordered these transformers form BADEL (http://www.badel-gmbh.com):

http://www.abload.de/img/badel005mvf0c.jpg

The price of this 4 x 34 VAC / 50W transformer is about 20€ (not more!).
Shipping to you (in a separate small parcel) will be:

- 8.90€ within EUROPE
- 15.90€ (outside of EUROPE - I am very, very sorry, but these are the prices of DHL)

The minimum quantity to order is 5 pieces.
The lead time is about 4 weeks.

Find attached the "interested party-list".
If you are interested as well: tell me please.

Could you make the transfo build for worldwide by making it dual primary 115V 50/60Hz instead of single primary 230V?

This would enable North America and more to join in as well and would make it good for 115V to 230V use.

If you can, please count me in.

Thanks
Do

Do,

BADEL will offer the transformer for both 115VAC and 230VAC mains voltage (2 primary windings).

Moreover BADEL offers several options (f.e. reduced induction - "especially for HiFi-Fans", with magnetic shield, encapsulated, ...).
I have asked a DIY-friend, which type to choose.

I have put your name into my EXCEL sheet.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 69
Gentlemen,

the "last" participant of this round has paid, and I will order the PCBs tomorrow morning.
Most of you already know the procedure: the lead-time is 12 days, the shipping lasts 3-4 days, so I will have the PCBs by middle of October.

In the meantime I will prepare your letters and match the NJL-transistors.
I will send you the letters as soon as the PCBs have arrived.

Concerning the 4x34VAC / 50W BADEL-transformer:

The price of the "standard transformer" is about 21€.
I would like and order the following options:

1) reduced induction - 4€
2) magnetic shielding - 2,50€
3) shield winding - 3€

The price for the transformer will be about 31€ then.

Do you agree to my choices?

Gentlemen,

the "last" participant of this round has paid, and I will order the PCBs tomorrow morning.
Most of you already know the procedure: the lead-time is 12 days, the shipping lasts 3-4 days, so I will have the PCBs by middle of October.

In the meantime I will prepare your letters and match the NJL-transistors.
I will send you the letters as soon as the PCBs have arrived.

Concerning the 4x34VAC / 50W BADEL-transformer:

The price of the "standard transformer" is about 21€.
I would like and order the following options:

1) reduced induction - 4€
2) magnetic shielding - 2,50€
3) shield winding - 3€

The price for the transformer will be about 31€ then.

Do you agree to my choices?

I'm good with that! I'll take one

Do

Hello,

as participant of the first group buy i already built the FC-100. It works well with four print-transformers 10VA, but why not improve?

My problem - like a few others - is, that i built mono-blocks.

So, what's about some feedback if there is any interest for transformers 20VA 2x34V, so that we are able to ask Rudi if he can order this ones too?

For my opinion there is no need to make these transformers nearly free from magnetic disturbing when the main transformer is a "normal (naked)" one.

We measured signal to noise in my test setup -made from wood- 100dB with these print transformers - and those are blowing more field than a toroidal core .......
greets from Ruhrpott / Germany

Klaus

Gentlemen,

I ordered the PCBs this morning.
I was informed that due to Chinese National Day holidays, which will last from from September 30th to October 7th,
the production of the PCBs will be delayed by 1 week.

Concerning the transformer group-buy:

Klaus-Wick is of course right saying that the magnetic optimisation of the shunt's transformer alone will not yield any overall audible progress.

I will therefore only order one option: "magnetic shield", which adds 2.50€ to the transformer's costs.
The minimum wattage of any transformer that BADEL will produce on a customer's demand is 50W.

Since the weight of a transformer is less than 1Kg, shipping of one transformer will be 7€ worldwide.

Find enclosed a preliminary transformer group-buy list.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 246
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.