Rockford Fosgate P1000-1BD (HELP)

Oh ok gotcha yea the original was a blue resistor it just looks smaller in comparison to the white rectangular resistor so I thought it was lol.

I would love to do a full power test with a dummy load but I'm afraid mine is too small it's only 4ohm 200w I need to get some.
Usually I just put in the car and let it rip.
What would you suggest for a dummy load test I'm not sure if this amp is 1ohm stable or 2ohm but either way any suggestions I'd like to hear.

Could I do the dummy load test in my vehicle to make sure I have plenty of current on tap I don't think my bigger 50amp PS will suffice.

The type of resistor determines what it can withstand. The large brown cylindrical resistors are rated to withstand 10x rated power for 5 seconds. The type in the gold aluminum housings tend to handle far less power, even if on a heatsink. Wirewound are the most tolerant. Fan cool these from the end (forcing air through the core) if you use them for long term testing.
https://www.ohmite.com/assets/docs/res_270.pdf?r=false

Speakers aren't good for testing power because they're not a fixed resistance/impedance. You could test in the vehicle with dummy loads.

50 amps isn't enough to test for power for more than about 500w class D. It's perfectly fine to test with music when bench-testing the amp to confirm that it's repaired.

Don't do more than you normally do (testing) but if you do, I'd be interested in the results.

One more thing on dummy loads, for long term bench-testing, only go down to 2x the lowest rated power. They are tougher on the amp than speakers. A 2 ohm dummy load on a 1 ohm amp is plenty to tell if the amp is properly repaired.

Attachments

• psdummyload.jpg
    psdummyload.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 16