• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote relay volume control kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
that just leaves me with 2 questions :)

1 - how would i go about getting more than one set of outputs from it ? as I have 2 amps hanging off my current preamp ( headphone and power amp )

2 - would there be any problem with having the actual preamp stage outside of the selector/volume cabinet ? ie connect via a short interconnect ? ( would all me to upgrade the preamp stage later )

I'm hoping someone can help me here...

I built my Apox circuits and all is perfect. It worked first time...However, I started fiddling!

I changed some settings, which were (as far as I can remember...)

Disable RC5
Standby on startup
Mute E-R
ir power standby (or something)

Anyway, now I can't access the menu system at all :( I thought reflashing the software would help, except now instead of saying "Mute", it says "'#ute". (That is a full block - not hash, then "ute")

Edit:
I managed to get back into the menus by holding down the right encoder, but I have not solved the Mute label problem. Anyone else expreienced this? Thanks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Hmmmm. Did you have the #ute problem before the re-flash?

Seems like the EEProm was corrupted somehow. The #ute message is not changeable (as far as I remember).

I'll take a look tonight. I may have to send you a special version of code to re-program the EEProm.

Best Regards,

Dale

P.S. Whjat happens when not in mute mode?

Hi Dale,
Yes, but very breifly...I tried to reflash to get back the default options but it didn't work :( However, as I said, I got the menus back fine...It's just this. Not sure what triggered it though. I know it's not a comms problem to the LCD cause the Menu uses that character and that is fine.

I have a PIC Programmer capable of programming EVERY type of PIC so if it is easier, just send the base code. Thanks for your help!

Can I make a couple of suggestions?
1) Allow the splash screen text to be longer. As far as I can tell, you only use the top right hand char for the IR received *. You could disable that as an option. Not a major thing - just cosmetic! ;)

2) Allow IR Learning. The RC5 collides with my CD-PRO2 unit. I realise that this is why you have Sony IR codes too, but maybe IR Learning might be a better way to handle it.

Fantastic work on these units...Can't wait to hear them!!!

Gaz

Hi Dale,
Thanks...just email it to me: gaz.bradley5@virgin.net...
No offence meant - but I couldn't guage whether you were being serious or not :confused: If the base code is assembly - no chance...but C or JAL would be a possibility. Unfortunatly I don't have a PIC C compiler so I wouldn't be able to test it. :( If you send the source I could have a play around.

Thanks again...
Gaz

You may be interested to know that I have very nearly completed the updated firmware that has IR Learning capabilities. I have to do some tidying up but if Dale agrees, I will post the HEX file here for people to have a go with. :)

I have to say that it has been reletivly easy to implement and credit goes 100% to Dale etc. for a beautiful programming structure (that I have tried to keep in line with incidently!) :cannotbe:

Edit:
Thought I'd better write about the changes I'd made:

1) Menu timeout time increased to about 5 seconds.
2) If you are on a menu, other than the IR Learning menu, issuing an IR command will send you back to the Splash Screen
3) IR Learning with commands stored in EEProm
4) Issuing IR Commands doesn't overwrite menu items (see item 2)

Thanks,
Gaz

Dale:
Yes thanks...I "aquired" a copy of the PCWH compiler. If you want the code - let me know & I'll email to you.

Everyone else:
Judging by the seemingly little interest, I don't think this will be too popular, but here it is...Just download using a serial cable and DipChip Bootloader software.

Thanks,
Gaz

Attachments

• volume-mod.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 121
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.