• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

I have to agree with others... mikkel is hopeless in communication, especially after you've paid... still waiting for my remote control volume kit and worth 128 euro... any one any decent alternatives that do deliver?

Have you opened a dispute in PayPal? If not, then you should do this immediately!
Mikkel Simonsen said me at 3 February 2010:
If you stop behaving like a spoilt teenager, I may answer your e-mails.The pot you ordered was packed yesterday, but I have not shipped it for obvious reasons.
Just another one of the victims. :D :D I am still in waiting!

The spoilt teenager :bawling:

Last edited:
I just found the guy's phone number on the internet and gave him a call. The good news is: he is alive. The other good news is that he is gonna send out my order right away tomorrow! Brilliant! Some old fashioned vocal communication and where it gets you. I can absolutely recommend calling him!

I guess someone had his revenge.... :)
I assembled the powersupply and the remote control today, and there was a flash and all lights went out. hmmm...

I disconnected the dc powersupply (78xxpsu1) and it now measures a output of 0. Any tips on how I could go about trouble shooting?

Thanks for the help

Erik

Dantimax Kit to Control Lighter Note LDR Attenuator

Hi Mikkel,

I am soon to order the Lighter Note LDR attenuator. Unfortunately it does not have a remote control solution and I am inquiring how one of your kits could control the LN, preferably a solution using your input switching and LCD display.

The manual for the Lighter Note is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12927016/Lighter%20Note%20-%2010%20Oct%202010%20-%204.pdf

The volume is controlled with the 1K pot which varies the current to the LDRs. Perhaps I am over simplifying things, but it seems to me that one of your volume kits (motorized pot, PGA2310, stepped attenuator) could be configured to replace a 1K pot. Would this be possible?

PS: I note in the manual that in the parts list the 1K pot is speced as "log" while in the assembly instructions it is referred to as "linear." I have an email in to the designer for clarification.

The volume is controlled with the 1K pot which varies the current to the LDRs. Perhaps I am over simplifying things, but it seems to me that one of your volume kits (motorized pot, PGA2310, stepped attenuator) could be configured to replace a 1K pot. Would this be possible?
Yes. You could use a motorised pot - the 1k value may be a slight problem though. If all you need is a variable DC voltage, you could use an R-2R DAC also (a '595 and some resistors) "emulating" a PGA2310. A relay attenuator emulating a 1k pot would be no problem, but that would be a bit expensive for just providing a DC voltage. I think some IC's that emulate pots are available also. What DC voltages are required? You don't have a manual with a schematic?

Any of the control boards can be used (with or without inputs selectors and displays) in any case.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Yes. You could use a motorised pot - the 1k value may be a slight problem though. If all you need is a variable DC voltage, you could use an R-2R DAC also (a '595 and some resistors) "emulating" a PGA2310. A relay attenuator emulating a 1k pot would be no problem, but that would be a bit expensive for just providing a DC voltage. I think some IC's that emulate pots are available also. What DC voltages are required? You don't have a manual with a schematic?

Any of the control boards can be used (with or without inputs selectors and displays) in any case.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

There are some 1K motorized pots out there (I need log taper by the way), but not from Alps. Do the motorized pots work with the LCD display?

I had some trouble finding an IC because I wasn't really sure what I was looking for. Others suggested a DAC, but I don't understand that technology. There are 1K digital pots, but most of them were 64 step and/or linear and once again I didn't really know what I was looking for. The chipvol1 offers more steps, full attenuation and is silent, so if that would work it would be great.

The relay attenuators might be OK cost wise as I already have a control 2, an input1, and a c2panel1-2, so I think I just need to add a relvol1.

The manual says "The pot acts as RSET for the LM334, i.e. it regulates how much current passes through the 2 LEDs and thus how bright they are. These in turn change the resistance of the LDRs – the signal passes through the LDRs not the pot." I don't have schematic and I think the designer is keeping that secret. I am committed to the Lighter Note, so I could buy it and just measure the current and voltage or ask the designer. Is this what you need to know in order to recommend the best approach?

Manuals !

Hi Mikkel,

I know that you must be very busy in this time of the year, but I see that most of the questions are about the features / configuration of you great boards.
I think you would spare a lot of messages (like mine, sorry to spam your mailbox !) if you only put the manuals online.

just my two cents...

Vincenzo (the one who asked for balance control using Control2/RelVol3...)

I purchased a kit from Dantimax Mr. Mikkel Simonsen. This unfortunately has arrived incomplete. I sent many emails but all with no response. Now I find myself with a unusable kit . Unfortunately I read late comments on this strange and unreliable person. If I can give you some advice, forget dantimax. Commerce (including online) does not do so.

What is the simplest way of adding a digital control to the RelVol1 kit ? I have bought one from dantimax but only now I realize that what I needed was the RelVol1c . I have tried adding a 89C4051 and an encoder following the RelVol1c schematic but can't get it to work.

I am looking to use it as a volume control for a headphone amp but I really don't have the slightest clue when it comes to digital stuff ...