Reflektor-D builds

Salas, unfortunatly they don't fit either way, if I place them on their side I run out of space just considering the height of the capaitors and the board is wider than the available height.
I have to heighten the enclosure also for ventilation. Otherwise it would be a lot of heat in a small enclosure = no good. Btw. what is the maximum dissipation of a standard board in watts?
I more or less have to build custom boards to squeeze it in. I think I can stick to the component placement as they are on the board and make it more compact. Than I can take your advice and move the mosfets to the pcb carrier/heatsink.
Two and two voltages share the same ground and the two ground planes have to be connected eventually. That should work if I use separate AC windings but that means a lot of diodes and smoothing capacitors. Can I use one DC supply in this configuration?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I guess stacking one above the other should work, I just have to be creative with the heatsink.
In this case I need three more boards (I have two already), don't know If I can get them somewhere, the group buy has ended. I'll ask TeaBag.

Two and two voltages share the same ground and the two ground planes have to be connected eventually. That should work if I use separate AC windings but that means a lot of diodes and smoothing capacitors.

Can I use one DC supply for the shunts in this configuration?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The Ref-D boards have optional DCin only config to can work without individual/local rectification and smoothing. You can share a raw DC feed between many as you would for several LM317s for instance. Don't forget using the CD (Capacitor Decouple). There is DC in connector even. Both footprints found in the base area of CM (Capacitor Main) if left unpopulated.

P.S. Doing common sinking surfaces means insulating the MOSFETS backs not forget.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Silpads and insulation grommets.

51Sqw5XULxL._SY355_.jpg

May be I should post this elsewhere, but I can't find where.
I received the boards, they look very good and I assembleded them ; one for 5volts and other for 3,3.
I have litle electronic knowledge.
HERE I have some photos.
Leds don't light up when I connect the boards.
I am sure that this is my fault and the solution must be very simple and easy, but I don't find out.
I even don't know how to make the test. The dummy resistor in there, as the manual explains, but may be there is more to do. Can someone help me please? Thank you very much, I'm almost desperate... uufff!!

You put the silpad bethween the heatsink and the transistor, and the grommet in the mounting hole of the transistor to insulate the screw.

Salas, what about ground loops? In my case all the S0s and F0s eventually connect on the board they supply. On the other end, as I see from the schematic, they get connected to ( in my case common) DC- . That will make 5 parallel connections from DC- of the rectifier to the ground on the PCB being powerd. Khm...

You didn't connect the S0 and S+ to F0 and F+ . Read the manual in the first post of this toppic, everything is explained there. You will be lucky if all the transistors are alive as the manual states sense must allways be connected to force. When powering a circuit you run two pairs of wire and connect S and F at the DC input of the circuit being powered

Hi m a r k o
I printed the manual and read it, but it's not clear to me.
It is not expalainet hot to connect it and how to make connections to test it, with the resistor.

Does it means that I should connect both S and F to the positive of the dac, then
connect both 0 from S and 0 from F to GND of the dac?
Please see this draw :
Photo DSC_2166 de l'album Reflektor assembly - Casimages.com

In the end, I may have to order those transistors, hope not, but it will be not dramatic!

Thank you!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You put the silpad bethween the heatsink and the transistor, and the grommet in the mounting hole of the transistor to insulate the screw.

Salas, what about ground loops? In my case all the S0s and F0s eventually connect on the board they supply. On the other end, as I see from the schematic, they get connected to ( in my case common) DC- . That will make 5 parallel connections from DC- of the rectifier to the ground on the PCB being powerd. Khm...

Since there will be pcb track resistance first connect normally nearest to the consumption target nodes in tight loop areas and if you will get any hum or jitter then you will debug towards alternatives. Like a star for all returns to go, or closing locally on each reg and using shortest possible thick two wire classical connections.

Thanks m a r k o and PawelPS, I'll try it today and report the results. I pray for the health of my boards... after my imprudent experiments.

I will edit some photos of it, showing exactly every contact, how it connects, with all the dtails, for guys who have no slectronic skills but would like to assemble nice boards like these.

Last edited:
Now, another question, and I am sure tha many guys who are assemblinf these boards don't have the answer, so this can be useful :

See page four of the manual, about RR.
My dac "eats" from 5volts and 500mA.
Reading what the manual says about RR, my interpretation is that I should use 100R resistor in that place - RR, because "When IDSS J1 6mA" or more, 100R.
Am I right?

Also; I will feed an Amanero board with 3.3V Salas Reflktor.
Amanero says :
“Powered by USB 5V bus. Power Consumption is 605 mW at max speed.
The module mounts an ultra low noise LDO ADP-151-3.3V"
and
VOH
High level output voltage V CCIO – 0.4V ( Ioh=-8mA)

VOL Low level output voltage_0.4 V ( Iol=8mA )

What resistor should <i use in RR place?

100R as well?

Thank you.