• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

As the dam1021 R-2R DAC has isolators for the I2S interface it is highly recommended to power any USB-I2S module from USB Power.
I did that with my DIYINHK USB-I2S modules, although for some reason those modules did not have the 3.3V regulator mounted, had to mount those myself....

Hi soekris,

May be this request is not standard, but if you could included to my order (I think not yet ship) any adequate USB-I2S modules - prefer Mac support? Because the shipping cost me a fortune! :)
I will pay extra by paypal or credit card... and can wait for a week more no problem.

Thanhks

laptopav.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi,

Do you know if the Amareno can be powersupplied by an external PS than its USB ? Could be a good enough candidate as the Soekris has an isolator and a Fifo !

For the SPIDF, i should advise BNC plugs and matched impedance wire if the source provides also a BNC output... RCAs certified at 75 ohms are hard too source. I use some pcb BNC receiver with leads : I just plan to connect it with a pulse transformer leads to leads soldered (as saw in the Implementation thread) for the shortest pass as the to reduce the numbers of soldering wires interconections !

Eldam - You are deploying all the good old measures to keep jitter down - but they are really of no importance for this DAC. Get the bits there and You will be fine. A simple cheap RCA will suffice.

But on the other hand, BNC is much nicer looking really.

PS: Now, don't you go spending all your weekly money on cables ;)

//

Since the good people from Subbu's threads adviced me, I maid this with my spidf streamer (SB Duet) : full 75 ohms. It gave me a subjective larger band and much better bass. (of course th DAC side has a BNC plug as well)

And while we're at it, remember to get real 75 ohms connectors as opposed to the common 50 ohms ones.

See the difference here:
BNC Connector 50, 75 ohm male & female Plug & Jack straight, right angle & jack bulkhead type BNC?, ?, ?? ?? ????-???????

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@Eldam:

Do you know if the Amareno can be powersupplied by an external PS than its USB ? Could be a good enough candidate as the Soekris has an isolator and a Fifo !

Hi ... The amanero works fine supplied directly from a LiFePO4 battery (supplied e.g. with 3.4 - 3.45 VDC permanently (low noise)). If the regulator regulating the voltage coming from the USB connector is removed it also works fine having this voltage on permanently even if the USB connector, i.e. the USB data signal, is not present.

Best regards,

Jesper

And while we're at it, remember to get real 75 ohms connectors as opposed to the common 50 ohms ones.

See the difference here:
BNC Connector 50, 75 ohm male & female Plug & Jack straight, right angle & jack bulkhead type BNC?, ?, ?? ?? ????-???????

Yes I have the 75 ohms... while TNT advises enough RCAs :crazy: ! Is adaptation impedance just for the jitter with SPIDF ????

@ TNT, I see you have the free spirit of two sticks // of dynamite ! No I just bought a simple good enough Mogami but I plan to keep the money for some chroming for the box... or buy a Suretroming Herring tin to send it open to you... (do we go in jail when you open such a tin in a public space in your country!) It's stronger than dynamite, more peacefull and more Kitchen Nobel price :D

Nice :)
Still processing here...

:D The shop is in your country... I I were you (in your ski like we say in English !) I will go at swimm by the sea, Fjord to Fjord :D

Well good news, it will arrive for us soon as well, I bet with you two cents I will have mine before you...

while I'm watching a movie with Tom Hanks : Cast Away.... I'm crying while having the idea the UPS plane could have my DAC into it !

Bah France became a big jail with a lot of bottles of wine... terrorists will not have it or empty ! Continuing at looking Cast Away, I'm thinking to construct a life raft maid of empty Bordeaux bottles while speaking to Wilson ! The auroradio box of the life raft will be a dam1201 !

Is there any interest in relation to the digital volume without loss maid by the dac itself and controlled by a simple pot ? What is your goal to putt a plot here ?

Is there no tonal ballance moves when controlling a volume pot at the outside (low impedance) of a line stage ?

Any reference for the type pot advised by Soren for numeric attenuation ?