• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Finally we able to order, very exciting!

I do not like UPS, alway have problem in my country when shipping with UPS so I really prefer to use Fedex. But anybody could explain me what is Fedex-use your own account? (I will order from USA site)
Thanks!

You then need to have your own FedEx account and enter your account number. Shipping cost will then be charge to that account.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I looked on both US and European sites and didn't see any drawings for the dam boards; where did you find them?

I was referring to the Neutrik connectors.

Attachments

• NC3MAHoverlay.jpg
    NC3MAHoverlay.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:
Hello,

Neat design!

A couple of questions that may have been asked before (I've not been through the FAQ or 80 pages of thread):

-Where is the PCB manufactured? (It looks too good to be Chinese.)

-Are C135/C142 the only ceramic caps on the analog path before the tap on J7?

Paul

Hello,

Neat design!

A couple of questions that may have been asked before (I've not been through the FAQ or 80 pages of thread):

-Where is the PCB manufactured? (It looks too good to be Chinese.)

-Are C135/C142 the only ceramic caps on the analog path before the tap on J7?

Paul

PCB's are manufactured in China, like everybody else.... The pictured prototype are from PCBCART, only had positive experiences with that company.

Production PCB's is though a Danish PCB vendor who subcontract to China.... Boards are mounted and tested in Denmark.

Yes, C135 & C142 are only caps on audio path before J7. And they are high quality C0G/NP0 ceramics....

You then need to have your own FedEx account and enter your account number. Shipping cost will then be charge to that account.

If you use the "checkout with Paypal" button it doesn't seem to add shipping.

You can use "proceed to checkout" and select paypal at the payment step and this will add shipping amount correctly.

Thanks all!

I did order 0.02 version, UPS delivery. Hopefully UPS work well this time!
Now I need to prepare parts to make it up and sound, is there any genius have a good check list and introduction?

Cheers!

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Thanks all!

I did order 0.02 version, UPS delivery. Hopefully UPS work well this time!
Now I need to prepare parts to make it up and sound, is there any genius have a good check list and introduction?

Cheers!

There are the beginnings of a builders thread over here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/267948-soekris-s-dac-implementations.html

At this stage no-one has boards or documentation so don't expect much beyond what can be gleaned from Søren's posts.

There are the beginnings of a builders thread over here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/267948-soekris-s-dac-implementations.html

At this stage no-one has boards or documentation so don't expect much beyond what can be gleaned from Søren's posts.

Yeap, agree.

I just opened this thread to help people like me with no technical background and not to polute this actual vendor thread with such too simple questions like choosing a traffo, a pot, a casebox, a resistor for a Pi if DS PS, etc, etc ! Hope it helps also people to buy the parts around the DAC to let it works rapidly... as we are all a little fanatics to burn in the caps to let the dac plays !

As here it is more a vendor/logistic thread and questions on the design itself.

@ Cheung (CFT) : hello my friend, we have too much DAC to benchmark now, I'll buy a ticket to go to HK : let open a DACs shop :) (joke)

Last edited:
Not that I want to reopen the clock discussion, but just saw this review of a Rockna Wavedream DAC, especially the high resolution picture is very interesting, you can actually see the parts and PCB traces:

http://headmania.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/rockna-wavedream-review-2.jpg

The review: Rockna Wavedream DAC – Review | HeadMania

Notice the Si570 clock that goes into the Spartan-6 FPGA, and then from the FPGA to the MSB R-2R modules....

Soren, are you mad to re open such a war ! :D

I'm risking a caricature : look at the picture ! Hope some no brained fanatics will not burn your flag for that, even the Time is a protected concept !:D .

And in some countries even a mechanical clock is too much complicate as the intelectual progress stopped a long time ago :D

(am I falling into the mods' law here ?!.... bah we need sometimes some step back, jocking is not killing after all !)

Attachments

• reveil matin.jpg
    reveil matin.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,119