• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

@Soren

Sorry for the so many questions. But we are so excited...

1.) Where is the dc input on R-2R DAC.

r2rpower.jpg

2.) one 12v dc input is enough or need dual as AC input?

3) Is there any information regarding to serial volume control of the dac (or maybe sample arduino code) in your manual?

Thanks : this is the info I needed : so 2x 7 or 8 V secondary only if AC feeding choosed and minimum and enough with 5 VA.

(I mean if not DC pre regulation with a Pi filter e.g. is choosed instead)

Is today the shipment date of 3 days after the payment is valid or is there some tasks to be finished from Soekris Europe yet which avoid the shipments to be done immediatly ?

Is today the shipment date of 3 days after the payment is valid or is there some tasks to be finished from Soekris Europe yet which avoid the shipments to be done immediatly ?

in the first post;

We are now taking orders, shipments is expected to start Jan 19. Everybody expressing interest is on record and shipping will start based on when you expressed interest, so remember to enter your diyaudio username.

oups.... not seen than that, thanks !

Ok : "Starting the..." is the info . So expecting to receive it after the 21 or... later ! :D (have to buy pizzasssss not to miss the shipment:))

Ok I gave my diyaudio ID in the remarks aera when bought ! :cool:

I edit a thread for people about DAC's implementations in the digital Line aera !

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@Soren

Sorry for the so many questions. But we are so excited...

1.) Where is the dc input on R-2R DAC.

r2rpower.jpg

2.) one 12v dc input is enough or need dual as AC input?

3) Is there any information regarding to serial volume control of the dac (or maybe sample arduino code) in your manual?

1) Same as AC input, it just goes though the bridge so polarity doesn't matter.... pin 1 & 4 are inputs, pin 2 & 3 are GND.

2) You do need + and - DC voltage input.

3) Info will be available when shipping. But basically you will be able to send and receive short codes though the serial port, like volume will t.ex. be "V-30" to set the volume to -30 db. Or use a simple potentiometer, which will be read by a ADC port in the uC.

3) Info will be available when shipping. But basically you will be able to send and receive short codes though the serial port, like volume will t.ex. be "V-30" to set the volume to -30 db. Or use a simple potentiometer, which will be read by a ADC port in the uC.

This is indeed nice and simple! :)

Will there be data made available on the incoming signal type and SR?

Sorry Soren some of user like me do not have good electronic knowledge so to be clear power input which application is the correct one for 12v DC input,
*enclosure/case is earthed.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I add a picture but it seams i does not Show up.
I will re upload later on please ignore previpus post

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Sorry Soren some of user like me do not have good electronic knowledge so to be clear power input which application is the correct one for 12v DC input,
*enclosure/case is earthed.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Judging by the traces on the upper side of the board and the marked location of the Positive and Negative rail caps option C looks to be correct.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi Søren,

Do you have the document which indicates the mounting holes dimensions for dam1021?
And there are 2 through-hole connector (P1, P2), it seems to be balanced output connector. Also do you have the mounting holes dimensions for P1 & P2?

Footprint looks like a Neutrik Male PCB mount.

NC3MAH - Neutrik
or
NC3MAH-0 - Neutrik

drawings and cad files on the product pages.

add: overlaid the Neutrik NC3MAH footprint dimension drawing on the R2R board photo and the two match in layout and drilling size.

Last edited: