• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's a bit difficult to say. I only had about 3-4 hours of intensive listening.

The first impression I had is that the sound is more relaxed/ less strained with a little bit more resolution. But the differences a very small.

In the moment I'm listening to Beethovens 9th... realizing that I'm to tired to listen and have to startover tomorrow :mad:

If this is the case I think it "sounds" very promising. I think that that is exactly what is needed.

Happy listening!! :-D

//

Anyone update firmware with a mac?

You are going to need a terminal emulation client that can send files via Xmodem.

I am only aware of the dam1021 python (can do filters/should do firmware?), extraputty and Windows HyperTerminal that can do it. (TetraTerm also?)

Maybe homebrew with python? (for fortaa/dam1021)

Had lots of trouble myself, mostly due to serial adapters (USB), none of the FTDI/CP210x adapters seem to work. (garbage...)

GitHub - fortaa/dam1021: Python inferface for the dam1021 DAC

Hi, I received my dam yesterday Rev5, so in your opinion is a good idea upgrade firmware in this board? I don´t have an usb to serial, so I can´t say what are my firmware. maybe my board come with latest 1.19.Any idea..
Thanks in advance

Would also like to know this and if any hardware modifications such as Vref caps are recommended for the Rev5 1021

Soekris,

I may have a problem with DAM1021 rev. 2. I have PL2303 USB RS232 converter and I can access DAM via Terraterm with no problem, but when I send file via Xmodem it stucks randomly. Sometimes immediately on 1%, sometimes on 60%.

I've tried different OS, different laptop, baud rate ... This PL2303 converter is OK, I've updated DAM already with it, so I don't think there is a problem there. I'll try on my old computer with true COM port, just to eliminate that.

In the meantime, do you have any clue why would the transfer stop/stuck?

Regards

Soekris,

I may have a problem with DAM1021 rev. 2. I have PL2303 USB RS232 converter and I can access DAM via Terraterm with no problem, but when I send file via Xmodem it stucks randomly. Sometimes immediately on 1%, sometimes on 60%.

I've tried different OS, different laptop, baud rate ... This PL2303 converter is OK, I've updated DAM already with it, so I don't think there is a problem there. I'll try on my old computer with true COM port, just to eliminate that.

In the meantime, do you have any clue why would the transfer stop/stuck?

Regards

Perhaps make sure the connection is good, keep wires short and shielded (serial).

I put the 3 wires(TX,RX, GND) in a 1x4 pin header, the single wire connections pull open and sometimes barely make contact.

Perhaps also toggle 16550 UART buffer on/off.

Hello, I'm trying to use a HC-05 bluetooth-modul (3.3 volt version) for communication with dam1021.

I used a arduino board to program the uart parameters to 115200 so I have the same speed as the dam1021. When I connect the modul with the dam it's possible to establish a bluetooth connection with my Macbook. But it's not possible to connect to the dam1021 (I used Zterm which is functional with a cable connection).

Does anyone have experience with HC-05/06 modul using with dam1021?

Thanks for your help.

Arnd

Hello, my Rev 5 board cames with 1.06 firmware, I have performed the firmware upgrade flawlessly to 1.19, with putty app, and reduced the fifo parameters, otherwise I could not achive the 100% upload. I have been listen in raw mode which is a good surprise...

Attachments

• 20180504_221731.jpg
    20180504_221731.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 384