• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I see that dam1021 is now on version rev5. May I know what was changed since rev.4 ? Thanks !

Regards,
Tibi

Only productions related changes, the thin film resistor values have been changed slightly, but not the precision, and by removing parts not used around vref there were space for some more of the 100u capacitors on vref.
Hallo Soekris

Please give me a hint when the new firmware with the new larger 4K filters are integrated in the V.5 dam1121-02.
I am ready and would like to order one.
Thank you

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
- There is no "v.5" for 1121. Only one 1121 HW version (with 2 resistor configurations).
- 4k filter support is a FW upgrade valid for all DAC products once FW is released. 2 so far.
- There seem to be no 4k filters released as of yet. Actual filters are separate form FW.

No need to wait to order as I see it.

//

I can hear your words.
But I would be very satisfied for this time, if I get my project from the hardware side well done. I want to deal with the software later. That's why I'd like an up-to-date solution right from the start.

soekris,
will ther be an new rev. of the 1121?
but I will wait for the mentioned dam 1121 FW ;-)
greetings

No penalties, same four filters, will also add minor updates.

@Soekris
Could you share what minor updates will be made for DAM1021? I look forward to the update! I hope that additions to firmware can be made to assess bit perfectness of incoming signals.

I did some experiments with the S/PDIF related settings of my RME ASIO soundcard with my DAM DAC. I hear a (very) significant improvement in sound quality (more smooth & spatially focused) when I change the S/PDIF setting from consumer to professional (AES3). I understood from the RME manual that the S/PDIF voltage is doubled during professional mode (from 1 Vpp to 2.3 Vpp).

I may have an issue with the S/PDIF cable and/or connectors (e.g. reflections). I could imagine that raising the voltage could help to reduce jitter as waves would be made more square. Do I need to be concerned that the higher voltage S/PDIF causes damage at the Soekris DAC?

Fedde

Last edited: