Re-Jigging the jig: Speaker testing device for Arta, Speaker Workshop & HOLMImpulse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I've suffered a setback folks - my board order that was due on Thursday didn't show up and now UPS tracking says rescheduled delivery date is Monday.
I was hoping to get the mic up over this weekend but that won't happen. I'll see about trying to get the time early in the week to put it together - patience.
All good things come to those that wait. :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
A word about shipping: I've received a few emails about the arrival time of the kit once I've sent it out. Please remember that the shipping option is the cheapest possible and that alone can make it slow arriving. There is no tracking or insurance at this low cost either - if you feel the need for more secure or faster shipping, let me know. Once the package leaves this country (Canada) it is anyones guess as to how long it will take to move through customs on the receiving end. So far, everyone has gotten theirs in a relatively timely manner but delays can happen. :)

More kits available now.

NPX_271.JPG

There has been a slight change to the front panel as I now have these made by the board house rather than making them myself.

Two options:
1. Board only - $12.00 plus $5.00 shipping worldwide.
A BOM with Digikey part numbers will be supplied with this.

2. Full kit - $62.00 plus $12.00 shipping worldwide.

No changes or substitutions please.
Please PM me for availability and to order.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Hi Jarrett,
One of the problems I've been having is that many think there is a mic preamp on board. They probably base this on the original concept, back in the first few pages of this thread. So, mainly an attempt to avoid confusion (the thread title was also changed some time ago to this end).

In other news...
The long awaited mic kit will be ready soon. I had a problem with the casting (The thin sides curled in after it was released from the mold) A set back for sure but I'm working on a solution. In the meantime, I've set up a jig to mill the cases out of wood, like the original and I have a limited number of these ready. This method is still too labour intensive so I need to get the molding process bugs worked out.
I expect I'll have ~8 ready by tomorrow evening and I'll start a new thread covering it. I'll also send PM's to those that have bought the speaker testing jig and have expressed interest in the mic kit.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Still kits left.

Two options:
1. Board only - $12.00 plus $5.00 shipping worldwide.
A BOM with Digikey part numbers will be supplied with this.

2. Full kit - $62.00 plus $12.00 shipping worldwide.

No changes or substitutions please.
Please PM me for availability and to order.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.