Re-Jigging the jig: Speaker testing device for Arta, Speaker Workshop & HOLMImpulse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Thank you :)
Glad you like it.
I wanted it to be functional, fairly good looking and easy to put together. Good parts, high quality PCB with the silkscreen showing the component values (this saves SO much time during assembly) and enclosure parts that fit well. Good value.
Designed to go together easily and not cause endless frustration.

There is something slightly off about that statement...:)

:shhh::goodbad:

What will you do for the enclosure? That will take the most time in your circumstance.

Any excuse to play in the machine shop :), (which is the main reason I didn't go for the whole kit). I'll most likely end up milling out some alumimum. I hope you don't mind, but I do plan on taking some liberties with terminal layout. I need to read up on SpeakerWorkshop's jig orientation before I do anything too drastic though. I will of course post the outcome for your approval. ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Still waiting for mine, probably should arrive by Monday I'd guess since other USA folks got theirs earlier (I'm in central Ohio).

Hi,
You are in with the round 2 lot and as far as I know none of these have received theirs yet. Shouldn't be long though.

That hammer tone will look good. When I painted mine, I cut pieces of cardboard to go in the slots where the front and back panel go to stop paint from getting inside the box.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but how much are you asking for the microphone/preamp kit?
Joe

Hi Joe,
I haven't quite pinned it down yet - still need to add up all of the numbers. I expect it will be in the $60.00 range and based on the cost of just a measurement mic (without preamp) I think this is an extremely good deal.

I'll have a better idea on the weekend though and I'll post the kit for sale then.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Hi Mark,
The preamp is designed for use with the WM-61A capsule and provides ~4.5VDC for its operation. The idea is to have one self contained unit that outputs a line level signal.
The preamp isn't suitable as it is for use with another mic that requires 48VDC phantom power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.