RCA Jack Bulk Purchase?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Jarno, All,

Starting tomorrow I will begin accepting email orders for the RCA jacks. If you have not yet emailed me for the pricing, please do so at anytime, the sooner the better.

When you send your email order, please include:

1.) The quantity of each item requested with the part number as shown on the wiki page or in post #29 of this thread. Remember, the quantity is for each piece, NOT PAIRS.

2.) Your complete shipping address

3.) Any special shipping circumstances I need to be aware of

4.) Do not send your payment until I have sent you your order confirmation email which will include your total payment.

My preferred payment method is PayPal. I will accept money orders or cashiers checks from within the US or Canada, but PayPal is preferred. Personal checks are frowned upon. Go out to 7-11 and buy a money order.

All payments are to be made in USD. Payment for orders outside of the US or Canada should be made with PayPal. If a PayPal payment is not possible, send me an email so we can agree on the payment method. American Express, US Postal, or Western Union money orders in USD are acceptable in lieu of PayPal.

Included in your payment will be shipping and handling from DIYCable to me, shipping and handling from me to you, PayPal fee (3% in the US and Canada, 4% elsewhere) and the amount of your order.

I will stop accepting orders on Sunday at midnight (EST) on the 23rd of February. I hope to have the order placed with DIYCable by the end of that week (the end of the month). This should get your orders to you somewhere around mid-March.

If you will be out of town or without email access, email mail me now or as soon as possible. Your payment will have to be made by 2/24/03.

Let the Games Begin!

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Time to Order

It's time to start getting those orders in.

Please read above and place your order if your interested.

Read above first

There will be 4 female panel mounted RCA jacks offered. They are all “non-magnetic, eutectic Brass, Rhodium over Silver plated with a Gold plated Brass nut. The nut is on the outside in all cases. The 4 versions are:

A). GRFA L Thin – Long with a Thin Nut
B). GRFA L Thick – Long with a Thick Nut
C). GFRA S Thin – Short with a Thin Nut
D). GFRA S Thick – Short with a Thick Nut

Short threads/thick nut = 0.0" to .082"
Short threads/thin nut = .079" to .142"
Long threads/thick nut = .142" to .350"
Long threads/thin nut = .350" to .400"
An additional .037" can be gained by removing the internal washer, grounding the connector.

Thanks,
Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• cardas_rca_01.jpg
    cardas_rca_01.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 746
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
fcel said:
Rodd,
I see a lot of type "C" order. I have taken another look at the RCA jack length again. For type "C", if I'm not mistaken, .142" is just slightly more than 1/8". I think I'm going to change my order to type "B". I don't know about you guys ...
Hi fcel,

The 4 versions are:

A). GRFA L Thin – Long with a Thin Nut
B). GRFA L Thick – Long with a Thick Nut
C). GFRA S Thin – Short with a Thin Nut
D). GFRA S Thick – Short with a Thick Nut

Long threads/thin nut = .350" to .400" – For wood panels or special mounting conditions
Long threads/thick nut = .142" to .350" – For heavy aluminum, plexiglass, or wood panels
Short threads/thin nut = .079" to .142" – For heavy steel, aluminum, or plastic enclosures or panels
Short threads/thick nut = 0.0" to .082" – For steel or light aluminum enclosures or panels

An additional .037" can be gained by removing the internal washer, grounding the connector if using a metal mounting panel.

You do have a point that the "B" version will give you a little more fleibility. Although those thinking about building pre-amps or multi-way xovers probably won't need the extra length.

Rodd Yamashita

lengths

Here's my thinking - I'm using 1/4 inch panels for my power amp, so thats B size, and I think for pre's 1/8 inch is plenty big so that fits in the C category. My only problem is I need a job so I can buy more.... but thicker than 1/8" for a preamp seems like overkill to me, except for the front panel which should look nice and thick :)

A little OT

I personally prefer working with thicker materials, generally 1/8" and up. This results in more mass in the cabinet and generally results in a better looking and sounding unit. Not to mention the durability factor. Thin aluminum dents very easily and if you tend to move often as I have done, your gear doesn't suffer. On thing else to consider, it is easier to add a plastic washer than to countersink a connector if you decide to go with thicker material. Some guys, like Peter, are very good at making this work well, and I can do one or the other, but I have found it easier to use the extra length to an advantage. The "stem" of a connector post will be closer to your board and thus a short wire run without having to crowd your components into the corners. My advice is buy something as flexible as possible.;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Time to order!

If you have not received an email from me with your total and my PayPal information, your order has not been recorded

I am not using the wiki list as the order sheet.

See the ordering instructions on the bottom of page 3 (post #43) of this thread if you wish to place an order.

Thanks,
Rodd Yamashita

toools

countersinking sounds great, I hadn't thought of that- thanks! but without a drill press, it might be too much of a pain to do it for anything that isn't needed cosmetically... or maybe I should just wait and lug my chassis panels along with me next time I go to NY so I can use my dad's drill press so I can get everything to look perfect :scratch: . heh maybe I'll even bring some big capacitors too so I can mess with security, as they'll think they're bombs... but maybe thats a bad idea... :devily: lol when i first got them my ex used to call them bombs until I educated her :cool:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Time to order!

roddyama said:
If you have not received an email from me with your total and my PayPal information, your order has not been recorded

I am not using the wiki list as the order sheet.

See the ordering instructions on the bottom of page 3 (post #43) of this thread if you wish to place an order.
Don't wait 'till the last minute. Get those orders in.

See the Bottom of Page 3 of this Thread for Ordering Instructions.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Get Your Orders In!

It's all over tomorrow night at least until next year.

If I have not sent you an email verifying your order, you need to contact me very soon.

See Page 3 of this thread for ordering instructions.

Rodd Yamashita

PS: David Zhang, please contact me from your home email.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.