Pyle 21" driver: Surely this cannot be.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi Head unit,
Well I was on the fence about the 21" so I bought 2 of the Peavey black widows 1801 low rider looks alot stronger and the specs seam more realalistic,they will go in a home wrecker box with about 600 watts from a tube amp,I ordered the plans from decware maybe try some of those 21" later.

hey Wayne
ah, you like that one
with 24hz Fs, why do you think 28hz Fs of the RCF is too high
bloddy hell, with such low sensitivity the cone must weigh a ton
then I think I will take the 21" Pyle ;)

I got a 17 Hz F3 out of a TC woofer very much like the one he mentioned from approximately 140 liter boxes; one can have F3 below Fs with the proper venting so long as the speaker Qts isn't too high.

WinISD is your friend.

No smoking, stick with the Low Riders. I've seen so many good reviews on those its not funny. I actually have a double 18" box built/finished waiting for me to drop two low riders into it.

hi,:D
would you tell me how to scale up the plans for 18" The one I ordered are for 15" not sure how,much to add was going to go about 6 extra inches per box that should add a couple of cu ft,box program says 10.6 cu ft?
That cabinet is going to be a big one anyway,lol.
I built a box when I was a young guitar player with 30" rca's in it couldn't keep the box together,even put metal bands around it ,blew it apart,speakers held up through all of it, KILLER bass Too! Ran them with Hammond organ tube amps.I wish I still had them!
Make some pictures for me!!!!!!
Thanks alot!

Cheers:rolleyes:

Last edited:
hi!

Low Rider looks like it will work well in a variety of boxes.

600W tube amp?

What's it from, an old AM transmitter?

I built it as a project when I was in school and it's been in my old room for years my mom said to move it or she would,I brought it home and started messing with it and replaced the can caps, oil filled caps ,and some more stuff,mica caps were good, tubes were still good!!!!!! I was thinking of doing something modern to the front end but it works as is, Murphy's live near by,lol.I found a old qsc amp too haven't opened it up yet but looks like it has 50 TO3 output transistors in it, The tag is faded but i did see 4142 .....:confused:
I hope I can get some paperwork for it ,A little grungy inside the screen mesh,,,:)

hi,:D
would you tell me how to scale up the plans for 18" The one I ordered are for 15" not sure how,much to add was going to go about 6 extra inches per box that should add a couple of cu ft,box program says 10.6 cu ft?
That cabinet is going to be a big one anyway,lol.
I built a box when I was a young guitar player with 30" rca's in it couldn't keep the box together,even put metal bands around it ,blew it apart,speakers held up through all of it, KILLER bass Too! Ran them with Hammond organ tube amps.I wish I still had them!
Make some pictures for me!!!!!!
Thanks alot!

Cheers:rolleyes:
Here are some boxes Peavey suggests for the 18" Low Rider. The larger, low tuned box will exceed Xmax before full power.

Attachments

• Low Rider 18 boxes.png
    Low Rider 18 boxes.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 489
Great try them,If you can watch them as you turn up the volume,when they start distorting is when the cone starts to rip,I have cut fabric(sheets) and glued them to the cones and they don't rip ,you can put whatever you want on them,I have repaired them and found out the hard way, but patches held and still sound great!
I used elmer's cabinet glue the yellow stuff,the white stays a little flexible,your choice!
That's one reason I decided to go with the peavey's the cone is reinforced so I hope they won't self destruct easily,I have destroyed a few ,lol.
What enclosure are you going to use?
Cheers

why do my pyle 21's have such high Qts 6.7? Maybe magnets were not properly charged at the factory. Does anyone know if keeping two drivers close together would discharge their magnets?

I would question the measurements here. If you really got a Qts of 6.7 you'd barely be able to hear it. 0.67 would be in the realm of possibility even if they claimed .3 to.4.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.