Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Thanks.... I will go for Yellow one's, as they are more pumpking like :Pumpkin: , thoose leds i found will use 5mA at ~1,9v !

ZenMod :D Thanks for reply's... I just forget : I see in earlier thread that you like the pumpkin to be attennuated at input, so i can use a normal alps stereopot, and short -in to gnd as usual with such's circuit's... ??? Are there any reason to use 4deck attenuator with no balanced sources ???

Anyone have a quick mockup of a -+36vdc supply with torrid size and all ???? - Just for testing (I do not plan to make shuntreg's right now) :D

Jesper.

Yep Magura zen...

I know... :D Just trying some sim... with a 2x40vac torrid

Jesper

Attachments

• pumpkin-pcblayout.jpg
    pumpkin-pcblayout.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 442
lykkedk said:
Yep Magura zen...

I know... :D Just trying some sim... with a 2x40vac torrid

Jesper

2*40V should be fine....I didn't really pay attention to the fact that you need a negative supply as well, in that case you should use the BOSOZ PSU board design instead.

....but don't you already have a BOSOZ? In that case all you gotta do is to adjust the zener string and fit the 2*40V trafo :smash:

Magura :)

Magura :D

....but don't you already have a BOSOZ? In that case all you gotta do is to adjust the zener string and fit the 2*40V trafo

I need another psu, not the one sitting in my bosoz...

A 40vac x2, 610 / 9610 + zenerstring of 41v with 2,5mA running through + 10000uF smooties and a load of 2A on both - and + rail, simulates fine, so i think i will try that out one at the next day's.

Jesper.

Magura said:
OK, go back to sleep Marc!

Magura ;)

But I just woke up! :)

Seriously. Quick test - bass bins full range/ 22uf and couple ohms on 902 driver/ both sides in parallel on junky Technics receiver 1 channel. This, my friends, is not an optimal set up :clown:

OH BOY! attack, speed, dynamic, and come pretty close to sounding real good. I think they'll tweak into something special. :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
according to thread's title

mpmarino said:

But I just woke up! :)

Seriously. Quick test - bass bins full range/ 22uf and couple ohms on 902 driver/ both sides in parallel on junky Technics receiver 1 channel. This, my friends, is not an optimal set up :clown:

OH BOY! attack, speed, dynamic, and come pretty close to sounding real good. I think they'll tweak into something special. :)

ya don't need F4 to drive that drek
make :Pumpkin: with beafier opt stage and drive them directly