Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
Zen Mod !

Really looking forward to see picture's of pumpkin from 'Burning Amp'... Just hoping someone will post a few, while show goes on next month :) ...

What kind of attenuator are suitable for the pumpkin, i mean 4deck rotary switch? / relay attenuator? / impedance? / db step's? / ohm's, Kohm's? etc ???...
The thing is, that i just rebuild my bosoz for balanced out. While not having any balanced attenuator, i just put in my alps pot at the input. It's working good through it's not optimal... the bosoz swings 10v with 1v input now click on bosoz scope test on the link here , and my F4 are really coming to live now !!! :D Wooooow factor just showed up in my living room -- > not giving any more comment's now as i guess it's offtopic :cool: <--, i guess the F4 driving balanced now are up near(not all the way) to 2/3 of the max, compared to my LeachAmp125w...

So, what kind of attenuator should i be looking for ??? :D ofcause futureproof for :Pumpkin:

Jesper.:cool:

whatever make you and your wallet happy:

two stereo pots
one 4 gang pot
stepped att
relay thingie
Papa's bjt volume strangler

just anything from 10 to 100K , what makes your sources happy ,too

OT

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 873
Lookie, lookie....
While waiting for new meat :xeye: I made a Krell KSA50-clone to kill the waiting time:D Its playing in the Passfans (me) livingroom right now. It has all the "Imponator"-data's allright, like: holds the speakers in a vicelike grip, doubles up on power with half impedans loads and all that. Sounds pretty nice too, and is generally a nice and powerpacked little (42 kg's) monster. It lacks a bit in the "charm" department though. It doesnt come close to an Aleph-X or a F4, when it comes to musicality. Here is a pic of the beast, while being adjusted:)

Steen:)

Attachments

• krell_adj.jpg
    krell_adj.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,034
Thanks guys:) Actually its starting to sound better after several hours with music on. The sound is more pleasant and a tad softer now. Maybe the Caps needed a little burn-in? I have adjusted the amp to a voltage drop of 0,4V across the emitter resistors, which are 0,68r 6 watters. With +/- 35V rails (under load) this should turn out to about just under 40 watts in class A, if I understood correctly. The amp gets warm, but it could take a tad more bias if needed. I wouldnt be too happy to use fan-cooling! Did you ever look inside a PC thats been running for some time? All the fans get clogged in dirt:eek:

:)