Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
crep - thats drek for roofing roofs , AKA Tile or Potsherd

Biber crep is old breed of that drek , same as Ceramida is ;

Shigaraki is ceramique ; why not using a piece or two or 5 of Biber crep (new , not used ones ) or any simillar sort of ceramique plate .....

ceramique glue or cement can be handy for gluing several of them

just for fun , what else ...........

btw - Biber :

http://www.toza.co.yu/sr/pProgram/biber.php

Ceramida (mentioned just for teasin' my man steen) is ancient orient Potsherd , formed as piece of tube , cut longitudinally ; I can't find pic of it

Ya' guys knows by now ( what a suckin' sentence, or something like that....he-he) Once an amp is done and working, I will not take the lid off!! I am too busy building something else........ Other than that, I will leave the fancy mathematical equations to the few who really can do that..... Can you? maybe!!! Can I?? not likely!! Who can????? That is the very question that I would like to bring forward here!!!! If anyone can explain the facts, without anyone to contradict, I will rest assured. The problem at DIYA is that, no matter what fact you tell; there is always someone to prove you wrong..........bla-bla-bla...... I kind of get tired by that:smash: :smash:

Figure out the voltage gain by yourself.......

:)

steenoe said:
Ya' guys knows by now ( what a suckin' sentence, or something like that....he-he) Once an amp is done and working, I will not take the lid off!! I am too busy building something else........ Other than that, I will leave the fancy mathematical equations to the few who really can do that..... Can you? maybe!!! Can I?? not likely!! Who can????? That is the very question that I would like to bring forward here!!!! If anyone can explain the facts, without anyone to contradict, I will rest assured. The problem at DIYA is that, no matter what fact you tell; there is always someone to prove you wrong..........bla-bla-bla...... I kind of get tired by that:smash: :smash:

Figure out the voltage gain by yourself.......

:)

Sorry 'bout this harsh post, but the cal the weld'one is the course.....
Look 'a here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1486616#post1486616

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yggdrasil said:
Zen Mod is there a reason you have used darlingtons in the shunt part of shunty in stead of e.g. 510/9510's?

BTW: The pumpkins are soldered, working on the shuntys.

yup- there is a reason - better voltage stability , tested in
no load/load conditions ;

meaning that in no load state Shunty must eat every mA pushed through his own CCS ( hehe - in simple words - there is no external load on Shunty's output)

anyway - I have impression that Shunty is even in this way good enough :devily: