problem: project vellman!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Orcad2010,

Build the amp as it is, it will work without a doubt. Even your 45V supply is okay. For anyone listening at music even close to an avergae 100 watt has rocks for a brain anyway. If you want to make absolutely sure that your speakers is not destroyed if for some reason the output transistors fail, then use an output capacitor of about 2200 uF/100V.

Nico

It is clear to me he is unable to read the thread..language problems

as he is asking things already commented in this same thread..... i suppose he is unable....or worse..can be lazy or disturbed...i hope not.

In my point of view, he must make some effort, english is also not my native language and i could read all forum...and could write also hundreds of pages...we have google translator as a tool...awfull tool but helps to translate and to produce versions from our language to english and to translate from english to our language.... results not perfect, sometimes looks drunk guys talking ...but...we can communicate.

I made a lot for him...now it is time to Orcad to made an effort by himself.

bye folks

regards,

Carlos

Once again Orcad... transistors are transistors and nothing else than transistors

They all have base, colector and emitter.

They have gain
They have maximum current
They have maximum specified dissipation power
There's the maximum voltage they can hold
There's the frequency were you may have losses (-3dB)

They may look different, but they are almost the same..the power ones use to hold 8 to 15 amperes..some of them much more.... now a days, modern ones can work facing 200 volts and more... modern ones can dissipate 100 watts or more...so.... use the one you HAVE, the one you WANT, the one is AVAILABLE at your place..the one is CHEAPER...the NICEST one.... use the one you can have.

Transistors does not sound..there are not "big magic" on them...the one you use will be good...audio is low frequency...those ones, the worse transistor made now a days, can work in frequencies higher than the audio frequencies..so...no worries about replacement or substitution... they have no FAMILY, so, you do not need to use all Fairchild units...they have no RACE..so you do not need to use all them black..you can use some metalic ones together gray units...no problems.

This one you told..for sure it will be good...it is a transistor Orcad!... read the things we have posted to you..... copy the text, open google, click on language tools...set english translation to your native language ..paste the text into the place you have to do that and read..i hope your language is included there.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Carlos,

I agree with your statement completely, ORCAD seems to be confused and his postings are even more confusing, maybe we are confusing him with too many replies. We should only answer YES or NO and not explaining things.

Orcad2010,

Please post the circuit that you have chosen and we will take it from there. If you keep confusing us then you may find that we lose interest in the thread.

As I mentioned before, you have spent the money on Velleman, why not just build it and see how it performs. It may be good enough for your purpose. Remember Mr Velleman sold a lot of these kits, they cannot all be bad.

Nico

By the way folks..you gonna be very welcome to Rio de Janeiro in 2016

We love strangers....i would like to see all of you there!

This is South View... Ipanema, Leblon and Gávea...the dog's face hill appear at the bottom...there are things written into that dog's face neck... about Viking navigator that was dead in these waters.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Rio de Janeiro.jpg
    Rio de Janeiro.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 194
  • You are welcome in 2016.jpg
    You are welcome in 2016.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 188
Hi Carlos,

I was just looking at your DX amp schematic. Nice!! Just wondering what the purpose of coupling capacitors C10 and C11 in that circuit. I'm thinking that is maybe to help correct for any residual DC offset at the output. I've yet to build an amp, so just curious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.