• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi P-A

For the AC and DC connection points I was referring to PCB mount terminals with a screw terminal for the external wire connection.

The Phoenix Contact type MKDS-10HV (for example) is rated at 600v and more than 70 Amps with a 10.16mm pitch. A lot of other companies make these types, some have pitches of 5.08mm for the PC lands for lower voltage and current ratings.

I think a space on the board for 40mm dia standard 2 pin Snap - In capacitors is great with a 10mm PC land spacing. This way people can use a wide variety of brands of capacitors that use this industry standard pin spacing. You can get up to 47,000uF at 40VDC in this size and at least 22,000 uF in 63V. If possible I would want 4 of these caps per rail.

Regards

Gary..

The schematic is ready. I wonder though if I should use those huge pcb connectors. They are also rather expensive and must be ordered directly from Phönix. As you can see I have separate rectifier bridges. The caps are BHC Rifa-Evox. The fuseholders will take both 5x20 and 6x32 mm. The board will have the caps in vertical rows in order to get the board not so long.

How many connections are necessary? 2 Channel amp?

Schematics here

Hi peranders

Some questions.

Is this type of supply really the best choice for a high power main amplifier?

Ground problems if more than one channel is connected to these type of supply?

No problems with two of these supplys in the same box?

Give me a name of a good functional commercial or diy amp built in this way.

Make me relax please.:xeye:

regards

Ragnwald, this PSU is perhaps more than a regular PS since you can insert an inductor or resistor inbetween the caps. The rectifiers are also more than average.

The design is a bit universal therefore it's not optimized to suit only high power amps.

The ground connections need special attention. I'm aware of that.

Can think of any amp with such a PSU as this one.

Hi P-A,

The PCB is looking fine, with the added flexibility of 3 legged diodes. I can use TO-247's, MUR's or HFA's now. :D

One last question before I join the group buy, where can I find the specification of the heatsink 6100BG Aavid? Sometimes it may be extremely difficult to locate suitable heatsinks for putting onto a custom-made PCB.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.