• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Donovan.

I see the Wiki total is up to 72 for these great PSU boards.

What is happening your end on these. I see ACD sent new gerbers - are there any changes we should know about.

We need to advertise this more to get the GB moving.

For anyone interested in PSU boards, sign up now to the Wiki so we can get the boards moving.

Cheers

Gary..

:) :)

Gary and all GB participants,
I have sent the new gerbers out for quotes.
The couple of quotes I have received back so far have been within ~50 to 75 cents of the original quote. I am still waiting on responses to some questions I had from a couple of manufacturers. I will update this thread when I have the final pricing and any other new info about the group buy.

Please spread the word and lets get the board count as high as possible. If we get above 150 boards the price goes down by almost a dollar per board.

This group buy hasn't taken off like I hoped it would. I'm not sure why, as the design is really nice and functional. Like I said before, there is no other board out there right now that can compare to this for the price. I was thinking we would be up around the 200-250 area soon after the layout and pricing were published.

I am not sure why there aren't more takers on this. Do most people not use PCB's for their power supplies? Does anyone see anything glaringly wrong with the design? For the people not really interested, what is the reason you are holding back?

Thanks,
Donovan

Increased GB interest

As a novice amp builder, I find this forum extremely helpful when trying to construct a new project. Thanks to all of the contributors who have helped with this project.

I see that lately there has been a call to increase interest in the GB to reduce costs. Something I've been thinking that will increase interest for newer members is that the component values for a couple of typical PSU's would be very helpful. Not everyone that reviews this forum is has the expertise of our senior members.

IMHO, the component values for a +/- 50V and +/- 100V PSU would inspire some of the non-veteran members to get in on the group buy.

Also, if the CRC/CLC values/connections could be given for the aforementioned PSU's, more people will find it easier to construct the unit and therefore get in on the GB.

Just my opinions...

I just stumbled over this little thread.

Will this design be prototyped before full production?

I'm asking because I could not find any mentioning of a prototype in this thread.

How is it possible that Per-Anders dictates rudely how I have to handle my offer of PSU-boards, while here he neither insists on a prototype nor on other members obeying his rules?

I have never seen a better example of double moral standards, Per-Anders.

And all of this only because I'm offering PSU-boards at the same time?

I would never have imagined that.

Have fun, Hannes

I'm sorry that you Hannes see my comments as rude but in this case I helped Jan with some practical things like setting up the wiki page and also some silent cleaning in the page. Why it comes to Jan I know what abilities he has since he work as an electronic designer and I have lot's of confindence in his work.

As a summary I think did run the groupbuy very well and the boards where debugged properly. :up:

I'm not going to go off-topic with ACDs thread here, so please excuse a last remark from me here.

P-A, first of all, treat everybody the same. Otherwise it's double moral.

2nd, you are also just a normal, standard member here. With high reputation, but nevertheless.

What makes you think you can dictate other people your rules? Your posts have more the character of you being the head of DIYAudio.

I would have accepted it if you did here the same. But you didn't.

I would have accepted it if I had shown careless behaviour. But I didn't.

Anyway, no bad blood on my side, P-A.

Have fun, Hannes

Lack of commitment by buyers

It's not going anywhere because there seems to be a lack of interest.
I am not going to order less than the minimum for the $18 price and that is 100 boards. I can't cover any shortage right now.
If we can get a firm commitment for 100 boards I will order them asap and get them shipped out as soon as they are delivered (4 weeks).
It just seems like there is some interest, but not enough to go forward. If that is not the case, let me know. I would like to make this happen.

Thanks,
Donovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.