• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi P-A,

Please make sure that the holes for the diodes on the PCB are large enough to accommodate the TO-247 leads. Those legs are thick!

Found heatsinks that approximate the footprint of AAVID THERMALLOY - 6100BG locally but are 90 mm tall! :eek:

So I'm going to the wiki in a while to revise my requirement to 4. :D

peranders said:
The diode part is checked (I have real diodes in my junk box) but I will also make a prototype board before I order the big batch. I would never dare to order 100-200 boards unless I'm very very sure.

Heatsinks comes normally in 1, 1.5 and 2" height.

Thanks P-A. But the heatsinks are really 90 mm tall!

:D

Attachments

• dscn3089.jpg
    dscn3089.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 393
peranders said:
Is it wise to have no fuses? How do you made the design safe then? You could of course have the fuses on the amplifier boards instead.

I prefer not to have fuses in the rails at all. Safety is taken care of with the primary fuse.

The bleeders become rather hot if the discharge time should be rather short. I would not place hot resistors under the board. [/B]

Fair enough, but Dale power resistors could be used clamped to the chassis if needed. I usually build high bias amps and have no need for bleeders at all.

My concern is board shape/size vs chassis size. I find it difficult to keep a symetrical layout of the chassis and at the same time compact with a bord shaped like your proposal.
For me it would be better to have a long slim board (12-13" x 4") with transformer connectors and rectifiers in the middle, capacitors and output connectors on each end. That way the board could sit close to the front plate and transformer(s) close to the rear.
(Actually similar to two of BrianGT/PD miniA PSU boards end to end)

S

I have sent a message to all on the wiki list except for those that don't want to be contacted. You must get in contact with me so I'll have your email address. The rest of you must also reply to the message so I'll get your email address. Please note that those of you which haven't had any contact with me before must confirm your email address simply by hitting the reply button when you'll get a verification email from me. This is spam protection.

peranders said:
I have sent a message to all on the wiki list except for those that don't want to be contacted. You must get in contact with me so I'll have your email address. The rest of you must also reply to the message so I'll get your email address. Please note that those of you which haven't had any contact with me before must confirm your email address simply by hitting the reply button when you'll get a verification email from me. This is spam protection.

Hi P-A,

You've got mail.

Thanks.

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.