• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good to know. Thanks Jan for the offer.
I presume we can also order from Fischer through you ?

Let's wait first. It is not a low cost solution, so it has to be worth it.
We tried our best to find a heatsink at lower cost, but the dissipation is just too much for the space.
It also tells you about the difference between many short vertical fins vs a few long longitudinal fins as in the original sink.

We shall make this available to symslow first so that he can give you his impression of CRC vs Regulator.

Patrick

Patrick,
Sorry to correct you.
[There are two through holes required to bolt them onto the U-Channel.]
There are 4 through holes on each heatsink to bolt onto the U-channel.

[If Fischer charges too much for the drilling, there is no reason you cannot drill yourselves.]
Yes with some skill because the "gap" between the SK-466 fins is about 5.8-5.9mm. A M3 socket head screw diameter is 5.5mm. You need good measurement and skill to drill from the bottom.
Or you can drill from the top, fin side. With a 6mm end mill mill a counter bore.
This take some skill or better to do it on a milling machine.
Mark

Incidentally, I have people sending in PM's asking about the case.

We shall not do a second batch before people have built the first batch, have them running, and give their feedback.
Only then, if the feedback is still positive, then we shall do a second batch.
So unlikely before summer 2012.

Also the second batch will be done differently, as we learned from this experience.
We shall, among others, provide a complete kit including all you need except standard DK parts.
i.e. also all heat sinks as well as all matched components, in one package.
And no options (maybe except for the regulator vs CRC).

Patrick

Last edited:
Protection Board latest status :

pchw 1
Horio 2
triode4 1
ashaw 2
alazira 1
Studley 1
NicMac 3
Mravinsky 1
Ramallo 1
Oneoclock 1
400 2
Andrew T. 1
heinz1 1
Nikon1975 1
JBdV 2
Westley 1
pmchoong 1
APK 2
CanAm Man 1
CeeVee 2
johnwmclean 2
smyslow 1
samoloko 1

32 PCBs up to now.

I give it another day before I close.
Then MarkLai will contact you about payment.
We shall send these individually this time, to make life easier.

Patrick

pchw 1
Horio 2
triode4 1
>ashaw 2
alazira 1
Studley 1
NicMac 3
Mravinsky 1
Ramallo 1
Oneoclock 1
400 2
Andrew T. 1
heinz1 1
Nikon1975 1
JBdV 2
Westley 1
pmchoong 1
APK 2
CanAm Man 1
CeeVee 2
johnwmclean 2
smyslow 1
samoloko 1
>ashaw 1

If people want components for these boards, you should put your name down for the GB, which can be found here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/205531-potential-group-buy-f5x-components-2.html

I have added ">" in the above quote. ashaw, please check.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.