• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Planned finish date is mid-September.
This was partly due to delays in the drawings because of my family time-out in July.

I have a planned trip to Hong Kong end of September.
Depending on if you want, I could delay the shipment for 2 weeks so that I get to inspect and sign off the parts before shipping to you, even though I have full confidence in Mark's quality control.

The test team is busy with work, even though they have all they need to start building.
Many of us have to make a living outside audio.

: )

Patrick

Thanks for the update, Patrick.

Congratulations, Horio, it's good to learn that you're finished. Now, it's soon my turn.

I have two questions for Mark Lai & Patrick:

- Are your cute JFET heatsinks still available? They are described here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/135359-toshiba-dual-jfet-heatsink.html

Might it be possible to include some of these with the cases? Another (fast) GB perhaps?

- When do you expect us to make the second payment to John?

Thanks!

- Are your cute JFET heatsinks still available? They are described here:

Yes.

- Might it be possible to include some of these with the cases?

I suggest you wait for the test team, because you might want to build one of the cascoded versions in the end, and they would need special solutions for JFET heatsinks.

- When do you expect us to make the second payment to John?

Some time mid september.

Patrick

Conrad Heatsink Update

I have an update from Julian at Conrad Heatsinks,
Unfortunately he is running behind schedule due to being down 2 people.
We are now looking at mid October for completion.

At this stage the jig is set-up, he will run an initial set to send to me, I will confirm fit with an actual finished case from Mark.

Things are moving closer, a little more patience and we’ll get there.

:)

Further Heatsink News

Julian from Conrad has lost two employees, he’s doing his best to get through a heavy workload.

His latest response as follows,

Hello John,
Confirming my call that your prototypes will be ready the week beginning the
17th October, and when they are approved the balance of the order can be
made within a week. My sincere apologies for the further delay and thank
you for your patience.
With regards,
Julian Wales

Just to confirm I have talked via phone, he his generally very sorry, this is not his normal work practice of promising and not delivering, but due to unforeseen events the heatsinks are held up.

I hope you all understand, sorry for the bad news folks, we just need to extend our patience a little bit further.

Yes, I have a preamp case design, plus mono-block mini tower design, plus a SD card player.
But I do not yet have a good preamp circuit for the F5X.
My preamp circuit is for a unity gain all JFET circlotron (too much gain), and it is yet to be built.

But let's finish one at a time. So F5X first.

Whether there is a second batch for this F5X case depends on :

1) How busy Mark and I are (there is a high amount of work even only for a repeat) ?
2) How is the response when people actually have the case in their hands and whether they are happy with what they have ?

:)

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.