Post your Solid State pics here

latest lm3886 amp build

All pcb's are designed by me. LM3886 pcb, powersupply and dc protection.

Attachments

• WP_20151201_21_13_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151201_21_13_58_Pro.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 1,132
  • WP_20151201_21_12_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151201_21_12_52_Pro.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 1,102
My amplifier

Some few pictures with my amplifier based on LME49810 + SMPS
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

upload a picture
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

photo uploading

free image host

screen shot windows 7

gif image hosting

imageupload

Last edited:
Try to do something to improve the safety of the single insulated mains wiring to the plug top and socket outlet.

Mains wiring should be double insulated.
The OUTER layer of the double insulation get clamped INSIDE the plug top and INSIDE the socket outlet.
All the cable between is full double insulated.

Thanks redjr!
These cases (from China (aliexpress.com)) are very solidly and nicely made, I just bought one the same size but half-height for a pre-amp.
Yes, those enclosures are by far the most popular on eBay and in Asia I think. I must have 2 dozen of them in all sizes and variations. I have an eBay supplier that I've worked with for over 4 years now and he carries a wide selection. You can find his store here. Shipping is a little steep, but he packs very well, and will ship most heavy items DHL if you ask - for a reasonable amount considering world-wide shipping costs. Plus they come quickly! :)

Rick

Yes, those enclosures are by far the most popular on eBay and in Asia I think. I must have 2 dozen of them in all sizes and variations. I have an eBay supplier that I've worked with for over 4 years now and he carries a wide selection. You can find his store here. Shipping is a little steep, but he packs very well, and will ship most heavy items DHL if you ask - for a reasonable amount considering world-wide shipping costs. Plus they come quickly! :)
Rick

I see he also sells toroid transformers; any good experience with them?
They are cheaper than what I paid (Avel brand name).

I see he also sells toroid transformers; any good experience with them?
They are cheaper than what I paid (Avel brand name).
I've never tried his toroidals, only his small R-core xformers that all worked as expected. Since you're in NYC, I've had great experience with Antek in NJ. Right across the river. If what you need is in stock, I think the prices are fair. They are well-made too, and shipping is flat USPS Priority postage.

Rick

Here is my LM3886 12,5W audio amplifier. :)

Video: https://vimeo.com/123725213

Last edited: