Possibly the worst assumption in audio electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How random combination of molecules can result in reproductive cell that does not follow main law of thermodynamics and stays alive and reproductive.

If by "main law" you mean "First Law," every cell does. Every known biological process does. Same with the Second Law. The Third Law is irrelevant since biological processes do not happen at absolute zero.

I cannot describe to you the details of a pathway that doesn't exist. Your question has no answer because it's based on a false premise.

Actually, it is your answers that are based on false premise that self-organization in the nature complains to the 2'nd law of thermodynamics. It does not.

Every time I open my bag with cables before the next concert I have to spend some energy in order to organize them. They jam without my help. But sometimes opening a can with jam I often find there self-organized green matter on top of a jam that self-organized without my help.

Last edited:
that self-organization in the nature complains to the 2'nd law of thermodynamics. It does not.

The occupation of a lower energy state leads to self organization - see crystals.

Cells are an open system, receiving matter and energy from external sources so why do they violate the second law of TD?

I find it funny when folks doubt the self organization of cells - wtf, they do it everyday. The question just is - how did they get from a prebiotic state to a biotic state in the first instance.

Last edited:
The occupation of a lower energy state leads to self organization - see crystals.

Cells are an open system, receiving matter and energy from external sources so why do they violate the second law of TD?

Why do they use an external energy source to self-organize, unlike my cables that use it to self-deorganize, that complains fine with Thermodynamics?

Why cables don't eat and don't poop? They react the same way dead cells do.

I find it funny when folks doubt the self organization of cells - wtf, they do it everyday. The question just is - how did they get from a prebiotic state to a biotic state in the first instance.

I know, I know SY has the answer! But he keeps it in secret, repeating every time names, definitions, empirically found laws of higher order than is needed to answer the question...

Cables are one of the great mysteries of life. Just how do they manage to tangle themselves so cleverly while we aren't looking?

Small things slip down past big things. That's why there's dust in the bottom of the coffee jar and new rocks on top of the farmer's field every spring.

The cables won't deorganize if they're not jiggled in some fashion.

Oh! Energy is transferred. How about that!

Carroll's website is interesting but several of the topics I looked at seemed to have incomplete analyses. The crystal skull article for example leaves out the well known fact that most if not all of the older skulls are the product of a regional industry in 19th century Austria. Also, on "global warming" he leaves out any reference to serious problems with the AGW hypothesis. Skeptic magazine is a better source for debunking articles. Interestingly, James Randi reversed his stance on AGW.

John
What? Someone changed his conclusion (presumably) based on new data? What kind of person would do THAT???
Agreed, that is interesting - Susan Blackmore being cured of her cynicism. James Randi seems as though he's yet to experience that particular revelation, based on the evidence of his recent TED talk on YouTube.
I think some of the difference between what these two people observe are the selection of the people they're involved in. Blackmore has had many people come to her claiming psychic phenomena for most of her life, and they are "true believers" in their craft, eager to share their amazing discoveries with others. Even the makers of the piece of jewelry Hillary Clinton wore, once contacted, were willing to provide "real" and "fake" items for testing and work with Blackmore in an attempt to show that it works.

This PBS Nova episode featuring James Randi, originally broadcast 17 years ago, demonstrates Randi going after not just those who may be self-deceived (as many of these psychics are), but those who, as he demonstrated, INTENTIONALLY and CONSCIOUSLY deceive others for their own profit (especially see the section on TV evangelist Peter Popoff, in the second segment).
YouTube - Secrets of The Psychics (Part 1 of 6)

Continued cynicism is well justified.

Attachments

• Poop.jpg
    Poop.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.