Pitchfork pre-amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm putting together a line stage to use with a 25K (I have resistors to rebuild it to 10K if that will work better) r2r attenuator, I already have a dcb1 buffer in the box, but I'm not sure if there's space for both buffer and linestage.
Do you recommend to run the line stage before or after the attenuator? Are there any use for the buffer when running the linestage?

Great! That was the answer I was hoping for I have another lcudino/d1 attenuator that I would like to put the buffer into.
I managed to populate the board ~50% with parts from my junkbox, the rest will arrive from mouser and digikey on tuesday or wednesday. :) Looking forward to try it.

Just finished the linestage. I noticed that the heat sink on q9-10 17 and 18 gets very warm (to hot to touch) within 1 minute with power on.
Are my heatsink too small or is there something wrong?

Attachments

• DSC_0843.jpg
    DSC_0843.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 279
I guess i should find some way to lead the heat to the chassis, I have no ventilation inside the case so I guess I will be in trouble when I put the lid on even with lower bias.
Will it affect the performance if I mount the transistors on the baseplate next to the board and connect them with wire?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.