Picking out parts for this schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G87YWgR.png

I'm done now. Going to order the pcb and parts the next few days. Thank you so much for your help! :) I will update the post with images. :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Is it distorted at all levels ?

You really need a scope to see what is going on. Is the supply decoupled with a cap directly across the power pins of the chip. If not then try adding a 10uf or thereabouts directly onto the chip pins.

Is it distorted at all levels ?

You really need a scope to see what is going on. Is the supply decoupled with a cap directly across the power pins of the chip. If not then try adding a 10uf or thereabouts directly onto the chip pins.

Yeah it is distorted at all levels. May it be that i did use ceramic caps and not film that was recommended in another post here? Also is Tolerance important? Is it okay to use +-20%?

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You could try the 1 or 100uf.

I know its small... and welcome to the world of prototyping and debugging circuits. The next step would really be to scope it and see what is going. That might not sound much help but its the only way forward. You could then try the amp with a dummy load resistor instead of a speaker and see if that made a difference.

Battery ? It should not cause this unless its suffering from high internal resistance. And it would go much worse as volume increase. Doubt its anything like that tbh.

You could try the 1 or 100uf.

I know its small... and welcome to the world of prototyping and debugging circuits. The next step would really be to scope it and see what is going. That might not sound much help but its the only way forward. You could then try the amp with a dummy load resistor instead of a speaker and see if that made a difference.

Battery ? It should not cause this unless its suffering from high internal resistance. And it would go much worse as volume increase. Doubt its anything like that tbh.

Hehe where do i put the cap? Like on top of the pins or?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
What you really need is to examine this with a scope. It tells you so much.

You've followed the manufacturers recommended circuit from the example in the data sheet. First thing would be to go around every pin on the IC and make sure that what is supposed to be there actually is parts and value wise. I doubt most of the values are critical. The gain will be set by the ratio of the two resistors. Decoupling caps can have a huge variation as long as they are big enough to start with.

Don't assume anything when fault-finding. Check everything by measurement and visuals. Check that each pin is doing what its supposed to. Again this is where I would use a scope... to go around EVERY pin of the chip and see if what the scope shows is what is expected.

If you get nowhere then extending wires from one sample to a breadboard and building it up with 'normal' is a good option. Just remember to decouple the chip as close as possible to the supply pins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.