• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

:D

Attachments

• 6N13S.jpg
    6N13S.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 6?3S.jpg
    6?3S.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 6R3S.jpg
    6R3S.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 990
Last edited:
I have both curves, 6H13 and 6H5 they are not the same envelope. One is soviet the other Chinese.
The first is the 6AS7G, the other is similar in the aspect is 13watt, same Rp.
You can ask to atmasphere member, he has a lot of experience with this kind of series regulator valves.
Fine construction Dimitri, could you explain what is the board in the preamp?
Best Regards

I have both curves, 6H13 and 6H5 they are not the same envelope. One is soviet the other Chinese.
The first is the 6AS7G, the other is similar in the aspect is 13watt, same Rp.
You can ask to atmasphere member, he has a lot of experience with this kind of series regulator valves.
Fine construction Dimitri, could you explain what is the board in the preamp?
Best Regards

It not in front of the amplifier. This is the amplifier of power for earphones. the first cascade is made on entrance transformers which do a signal balance.the second cascade is made on 6H7C double triodes and on an exit stand 6H13C with output transformers under different loading.straightening works on two parallel 5Ц4

SEEK thermal imaging camera

Seek Thermal, plug-in for iPhone.

I got one of the first released batch of these marvelous devices for the Android format. I don't own a smart phone so then I discovered I had to pay big bucks to get a tablet that could drive it. Nobody could sell me a smartphone without a service provider contract. Most cheaper tablets don't have OTG to Go on their mini-HDMI receptacle, which this camera head accessory requires. I ended up with a top notch Samsung Tab-S with the very high def 10" OLED display and an octal processor. Man I LOVE this powerful tablet! It operates really well with the SEEK thermal camera head and I actually much prefer the really big images it makes on this tablet than the much smaller screen of a phone.

These imagers use a special non-glass Chalcogenide lens and see the light band below where our eyes are sensitive. They see the same thing in daylight or in a dark basement. 720-1300 angstroms. They can resolve to 0.1K or C if you like. Mine can clearly see the thermal paw print track left by a walking housecat on a carpet!

I use the SEEK thermal camera for evaluating electrical wiring for overtemp, components in an amplifier, tube or SS. If you build a tube amp with a power tube(s) that eat filament current like say 6C33C's, then you can IR photo image the wiring and sockets to see if they are heavy enough for the job, or overheated and even read their temperature. Also good for heat leakage surveys around the house, and even for paranormal research. Mine actually saw a commercial jetliner outside late dingy afternoon, hidden totally in overcast flying overhead at what, 30,000 ft? How's that for paranormal? Haha.

It takes good videos also.

Nice addition to the electronics lab if you can afford it!

Just for fun: A set of SE mono blocks that fit on top of the speakers, no FB, conventional dual PSU. PSU switch is a key switch with off, filament pre-heat (2.5V), and HT/Filament on positions. Indicator are orange for filament volts and red for 6CA7 bias current. :p

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 1,202
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Just for fun: A set of SE mono blocks that fit on top of the speakers, no FB, conventional dual PSU. PSU switch is a key switch with off, filament pre-heat (2.5V), and HT/Filament on positions. Indicator are orange for filament volts and red for 6CA7 bias current. :p

Very nice build!
A little advise
You should remove your amplifier from the top of your speakers, those tubes will be grateful to you especially if you drive the speakers at least at medium volume
Tubes does not (happy) likes resonation :):D

@ djn - IMO they sound great, particularly for female vocals and individual instruments, surprisingly good low end & more than enough power for my needs!

@ gaborbela - thanks for the advice, I did not think about that! (but the volume is pretty low (no more than a few 100 mW...) and the speakers are quite solid) but I may well move them...