• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Thank you. The steampunkish appearance wasn't planned. It just sort of turned out that way. I work with brass a lot and I have a bunch of scrap pieces, so I decided to see what they'll look like in real life. Not bad, I think. Most of the vinyl wraps I've seen are pretty cheesy, but I really think they hit jackpot with this faux antique leather texture.

Anyway, here's a shot from the interior. Still a little cleanup to do and it's not quite as clean and neat as I would like it to be, but whatever. I'll live.

I guess sometimes procrastinating is worth it.

Vuohi, you are Spiderman!

Vuohi, you are Spiderman!

Dang... I knew I'd be exposed one of these days.

This is my first amplifier build. There is actually another power supply choke and filament transformers underneath.
Tube compliment Two 6DA4 One 7F8 Two 45 or 2a3.
Currently running National Union 245 Globes.

sss.jpg

Next projects are helping a friend build a 304TL amp. I am not the lead on that one just labor lol.... Also going to build a pair of Brook 12A clones.

The projects on these pages are amazing and inspiring.

Oh, I missed this one. Nice job. I like it.

Damn its been a grumpy last few days. Started out trying to get the A-chan phono stage working again. Amp was making some rumbly noises and then would go dead. Had all the film caps and the Rk,bypass caps replaced previously so I figured it would be in a resistor or one of the cermaic coupling doods. Got all that ripped out and replaced, then in the process also got rid of some of the hi and lo cuts that I never used. God there was like a mile of wire in this thing....

After I got it all back together found out that one of the low-cut caps was bad (which lead to ripping that out as aforementioned) and got everything squared away there. Now I've hit another wall. probably another coupling cap so we'll see how it all shakes out...damnit bobby.

72ll357l.jpg

My last EL34 PP.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.