• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a pic of the pheonix* amp my buddy Chris made from a donor console hifi amp... a Frugal-phile(tm) special (under $25 USD invested)

Stereo -- 2 tubes & 1 is a rectifier -- gotta love it. Sounds good too.

ell80-spudamp.jpg

ELL80 (2 EL95s in one bottle) straped in triode for about 1.5 W. Rectifier is a hybrid bridge with an EZ81

dave

*(as in risen from the ashes)

What about those metal(?)rings around the tubes?Are those for aesthetics to disguise the valve bases?Did you just glue them on?
I don't know about costs over there but all that chassis must have taken a big bite out of your amp budget but I guess worth it in the end.

You obviously aren't working for a boss that says cut costs and minimize the use of expensive transformers! :D

Nice job. I hope you added a toggle switch to turn off the local gravity when it is time to move this anchor. I built an 805 stereo amp that weighs 130 lbs. and contains eleven transformers. I need help to move it Fortunately I don't have to move it much. It is a keeper!

yagoolar said:
Rcavictim,

Yours smells like parafeed. doesn't it ?

Actually no the 805 is a standard SE output xfmer setup. I have separate filament and plate transformers, p.s. chokes, etc. that raise the iron count. There is even a keep alive low voltage 9 VDC supply with small power xfmer to activate the SS zero crossing power relays from the hum-free low voltage DC switching in the power and standby switches that share the shielded compartment with the low level audio controls. The user protection tube cage is also wired in series with this LV control at the chassis ground return end for additional safety. No cage, no go.

I do have a design under perpetual construction (too many projects) using 8 triodes (four 6080's) all in P-SET that is parafeed.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
My old EL34 UL p-p amp!
In the foto is the right channel.Exactly the same with the other :D
Now it gonna be replaced with the new one.It'll be UL p-p with a pair of 6L6GC,6SN7 as a phase splitter and 6SL7 as a driver.
But not monoblock.One chassis with one PSU. ;)

Attachments

• phto0034.jpg
    phto0034.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 4,264

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
My Thailand 6BM8 club's

I builit 6BM8 paralell single ended by 2 triode in srpp preamp and 2 pentrode in paralell poweramp.It's sound very wideband and smell (sound in Thailand) so much natural same 300B.It's watt about 7 Watts RMS.

http://www.aht.8m.net/AHT PSE7 rev1.2/AHT PSE7 rev1.2.htm

A schematic in my link not original (not paralell single ended) please email to me for real schematic (handing wrote )

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 3,954