Perfect sound search, this idea, HELP!, the long and insane search...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One good thing is that because the circuit is bias between 2 current sources, and a J-fet has a maximum transconductance, it is not likely there will ever be enough current to create smoke allowed to flow even if it isn't balanced. This gives you a chance to figure out what’s going on and which values need to be adjusted. If not for this, I would have never gotten the other to work and given up long ago. I'm curious if this one will work.:bfold:

As always, have fun playing with your wires!:)

BTW, here is the Vgs tester I used. About as simple as it gets. Id=14.4V/R.

Attachments

• jfet vgs matcher.jpg
    jfet vgs matcher.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 327
I perceive your circuit as a little bit complicated to my small knowledge

And i am afraid this one will bite me.

As i said not promisse to build...hold on your hard work for a while because i am still deciding to build or not to build...to avoid you to waste time with me.

I do not like Class A, and also complicated amplifiers.... your amplifier is both of those things... the good thing into this equation is only you... a nice and respectable guy.

Maybe i will be able to keep our friendship and kick out the schematic.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer X said:
HELP!.... have any idea to make this thing better?.... can you do some?.... have a good idea?.... can you contribute with me, with yourself, with forum and with mankind?.... let's do something better?.... together?

Of course I'd want to help you, Carlos.
I have circuit here.
Simulation results are almost perfect!
I could mail it to you, brother!

Regardas

Carlos envy....

Carlos,
I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts.

I envy your passion, sense of humor, and your insatiable desire for knowledge and information on the subject of amplifiers. The zeal you display when sharing your discoveries with us is refreshing in a world of arrogant opinions.

I too, love to learn and experiment, and I love to teach - but I am very poor and very near homeless now. My entire life is consumed in order to pay my rent (and my apartment does not even have a kitchen!) - no time for amps now :( at least I can still read DIYaudio. I had to put my Magnepans in storage anyway, no room here, I may even have to sell my precious Hafler and Maggies to stay alive.

You are, literally, everything I wish I was in life. I love those crazy, dangerous looking homemade circuits of yours - that's how I would do it if I could, save the pretty for the really 'special' circuits.
Heck, I even envy where you live :cool:

I thought 'Miss Scope' was so funny that I had to write this comment :rofl: sorry to take up valuable DIY space...

Keep experimenting, keep posting, and Merry Christmas.
Sincerely,
Scott

BTW I could say much of the same for other posters here, John Curl comes to mind. Thank you, all of you, for your appreciation of knowledge.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Re: Help is always welcome...friendly helping hand is excelent

destroyer X said:

Even simulations may help....but really, the one will feel happy with simulations, waveforms and numbers are Miss Scope.

See her picture... she may fell in love by your simulation.

heheheh.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers: :worship:

Hey Carlos would you like to try some russian designs, behind the iron curtain they came up with some very different topology amps the west have. Some topologies they came up with in the late 70s I now see used in amps like the highly acclaimed ayre. I have to wonder whether companys like analog devices didnt get some of their ideas from these russian designers. I sadly dont have the time to build and try some of their designs though.

Oh!... i am a hell poor too Scott... almost bankrupted

But i use to accept that.... trying to relax we suffer less harm..so i go smilling alike an idiot...maybe i am an idiot.... at least the minimum idiotic behavior exist to survive laughing about my own sittuation.

Thank you very much, but i really do not know if you would like to be in my place..say...having my life.... your healthy envy may be transformed in panic.... all i have is some good mood...nothing more than that.

regards,

Carlos

.....................................................................................................

Homemodder

Easter Europeans are very interesting people as i could see having a good friend from Croatia.... and i like those old designs they use to make.... well.... from the seventies... my golden years those ones into seventies....so... i feel good with that.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.