• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for cascoded IXYS CCS (tube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I can only check randomly my mails (at the moment on a beach from mexican caribe ... ole'!) but I believe I received all the missing payments. I'll update the balance sheet and donate to save the children next week.

Let me know how the PCBs turn out once populated!!!

Gianluca

Ciao,
Enjoy the well deserved break! Tried the CCS configuration over the weekend on a breadboarded 26 preamp and worked just dandy!
Excellent work
Cheers,
Ale

One of my pcb's partially populated.

attachment.php

It has been earmarked to replace two chokes. I can't place the chokes far enough from the power transformer to prevent hum. So I'm going to try this in my DAC. 6N6P at around 14,5mA per side. So I used the IXYS 100d top spot and dn2540n3 in bottom spot. Not sure if I'll need heatsinks.

Also a question I have. Should the external cap pads be jumpered with a wire if just using it as a CCS?

Attachments

• gls_brds_ccs.jpg
    gls_brds_ccs.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
glad the pcbs are working.

here it is the final balance, apparently i miscalculated your total mogliaa in my old PM. the remaining money will be donated to save the children as said (25$ out of the 88$ actually were donated a while ago)

Attachments

• final_bal.JPG
    final_bal.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Luca,

thank you!

So ccs all around will be ! Choke for that use ( 80 -150 H) are expensive.

What resistor value do you use?

I have some ixys from your last GB, will use for sure.

Yours too seems impressive! How it sounds?

Mine for now is only on paper...have some components, need all iron.

Ciao

Anto

That amp was a 100TH CCS loaded driving a even bigger 304TL ... dismantled after a week or so, it was way too hot. Your amp will need a ton of transformers ... I assume you are aware you need DC on filaments (current sources there too). Enjoy!

The dropping R before the CCS can be anything > 1k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.