• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Re: Any Leftovers?

Landoctor said:
I know I am too late for the groupbuy, but are there any boards leftover? Is anyone interested in selling a pair of their extra boards?
I would really like to build a pair of these to compare to my others.
Thanks for your time,
Donovan
I'm going to sell boards later. Check back in two-three weeks.

I'm also preparing the BOM with article numbers. Farnell is 99.5%, next is Mouser, Digikey and ELFA.

I thought making an excel file with a couple of columns th same through a workbook. How do I do that? I don't want to duplicate only. The idea is to have R1, value, spec etc the same and for each spreadsheet page I want to have different supppliers article numbers, describing text etc.

I thought making an excel file with a couple of columns th same through a workbook. How do I do that? I don't want to duplicate only. The idea is to have R1, value, spec etc the same and for each spreadsheet page I want to have different supppliers article numbers, describing text etc.

P-A

You can have cells in one worksheet reference cells in another worksheet; so if you haveinformation in (say) Sheet 1 Cell A1, then put in Sheet 2 Cell A1 the formula "=Sheet1A1". If this isn't clear (or isn't what you meant), PM me and I'll set up the spreadsheet for you. I'd be happy to do it in return for you setting up the group buy.

Regards.

Aengus

First off, I'm a newbie to this website and groupbuy.

If anyone has an extra PC board and set of inductors that you don't plan on using, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Otherwise, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for Peranders to start selling the next batch.

It looks like a few people have completed their amps and mentioned the performance. Any new opinions of this amp?

Dave

jaybombalous,

I have the same heatsinks as you but I haven't gotten them installed on the amp yet.

How hard/long were you running the amp when you overheated it?

How do you have the chip mounted to the sink? Specifically what kind of insulators did you use?

The heastink is not the exact one specifed by the BOM but it's measurements are close enough. I am surprised it isn't adequate.

Would you suggest I not bother with it and find another? Thanks.

-claiborne

I ended up just mounting it straight to the heat sink. I am thinking now I should have used some sort of thermal paste as well.

As for when I got it to over heat, well, I guess u could say I was definitely giving it a thorough workout. But, thats what I was wondering, if the heat sink would keep up with my demands of the chip. The answer was 'NO' in my case.

Still, I will keep trying to change things here and there and see if I can get any better cooling to the heat sink. First try some kind of thermal paste to transfer heat more efficiently.

Even then, with the overheating problem when giving the amp a workout the quality of the music can't be surpassed. So all in all I am saying win - win situation.

jaybombalous,

I think a couple other people on the forum purchased the same heatsink for this amp. Please let us know if using thermal paste or whatever else you do improves your cooling situation enough to make this a suitable heatsink. Did you have it in a case when it overheated?

What size/brand power supply did you use? Do you have any more picture of your build?

I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the sound. I'm looking forward to getting mine together soon.

-claiborne

What size/brand power supply did you use? Do you have any more picture of your build?

I bought one from digikey, amveco, 300VA 2x24V back when I did the gainclone LM3886 DIY kit from BrianGT. I just switched out the PCB's. Which is probly where I will start if the thermal paste doesn't work well.

I was just hoping to save a little money, at ~$100 w/ shipping it wasn't something I wanted to really have to buy ATM.

salesmonster said:
First off, I'm a newbie to this website and groupbuy.

If anyone has an extra PC board and set of inductors that you don't plan on using, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Otherwise, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for Peranders to start selling the next batch.

It looks like a few people have completed their amps and mentioned the performance. Any new opinions of this amp?

Dave

Yes looks fairly straight and quite well priced, looking at the pricing for 2boards & 4 inductors ends up being around $42aud...

so yea let us know if another GB or spares apear.

Cheers, stevo.