• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Re: Found it thanks

ppcblaster said:

Are the parts in the BOM the best or the most affordable?

Any recommended changer to the BOM parts?

Thanks

Everything there is good.
1. The Xicon 15000uf 50V - that you would have to ask Pavel or Per-Anders.
2. The wire connectors (2MV-08) might be changed to wago's (Mouser doesn't carry).
3. Also missing: The LM4780 (Mouser doesn't carry), heat sinks, toroidal and spacers.

Did you notice the last update of the BOM (see components thread)?

Re: Re: Found it thanks

BNK said:

Everything there is good.
1. The Xicon 15000uf 50V - that you would have to ask Pavel or Per-Anders.
2. The wire connectors (2MV-08) might be changed to wago's (Mouser doesn't carry).
3. Also missing: The LM4780 (Mouser doesn't carry), heat sinks, toroidal and spacers.

Did you notice the last update of the BOM (see components thread)?

Where is the last update of the BOM Please?

Well here is my PA03 99% completed, all but the heat sink being attached.

Very well done design, I have to admit for someone who just likes to solder and put things together. This design was a lot of work, but so well designed and documented I had NO problems with anything, thus far...

Attachments

• 00004.jpg
    00004.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 432
Mine is now about 90% done, and it has been easy so far.

I now have to attach the heatsink to the chip. Sorry but I have some very basic questions here.

Do I drill some holes in the heatsink and tap a thread in these holes, or do I just use some cement?

Also do I need to dril holes in the base of the heatsink, to atanch it to the pcb?

help appreciated

Chalkandtalk,

Drill 3 holes in the heatsink and tap a thread in these holes for the 3 devices and drill 2 holes in the base of the heatsink and tap a thread in these holes for connecting the heatsink on the PCB.

In case of metric thread, you can use M3 as well as M4.

Easy to do and perfect connection.

chalkandtalk said:
Mine is now about 90% done, and it has been easy so far.

I now have to attach the heatsink to the chip. Sorry but I have some very basic questions here.

Do I drill some holes in the heatsink and tap a thread in these holes, or do I just use some cement?

Also do I need to dril holes in the base of the heatsink, to atanch it to the pcb?

help appreciated

What about thermal conductive adhesive (glue)?

what??? Does that have to do with insulating washers for the LM4780

I do see what u mean though if u speak of my picture and C11 , C15. As far as that goes, this is what came in the group buy kit, so I just soldered them on. ex007 was the one who made all the choices.

I will re-read the instructions and check the BOM for more info... thanks

jaybombalous said:
what??? Does that have to do with insulating washers for the LM4780
Have you looked at the closeup pictures, or checked how the LM4780 look like? The package is all in plastic (the anser is no).

Dear all, couldn't you study the material, look at pictures, get datasheets and try to get a grip of this design. The answers for many questions are rather clearly written.